Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:18 pm

10% off all hotels
1st 1000 available
promo code: TPSAVINGS
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:47 am

I just booked my first room with travelpony and saved $75 with the tpsavings and referral code. great deal! So glad I found this site..
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Saved quite a bit by booking through TravelPony the other day. Paid US$218 instead of US$280 for a room at the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport!

Full Review: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...f-cheap-hotels
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat
I was looking for a place for a quick one night by the airport in San Francisco, and was amazed at the photos of the new looking Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae and thought maybe it was too good to be true. So I checked TripAdvisor and wow, it was nothing like the photos. The pictures they had posted were of a brand new hotel in India. I let them know about the issue and they apologized, gave me a credit, and corrected it right away. I was very pleased with the customer support.

Moral of the story, always double check that photos match up with TripAdvisor or the property site.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Just to reconfirm - I booked a room and paid by credit card using TP. I had a $35 referral credit and got 2 discounts, using promo code. I then cancelled a few days later. I got the $35 referral credit back and the full credit to my credit card in a few days. I then booked again; and was able to use the full $35 referral credit on a one night stay at EWR airport hotel. Since it was an older referral credit, I was able to get a $141 a night room for $109, including all taxes.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:38 am

I booked a hotel using my $35 credit (I was referred) and now I want to cancel. They keep giving me different info re: whether that $35 will go back to my account if I cancel. Anyone know for sure?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by JerseyGirlLisa
I booked a hotel using my $35 credit (I was referred) and now I want to cancel. They keep giving me different info re: whether that $35 will go back to my account if I cancel. Anyone know for sure?
This credit, as a code, should go straight back to your account. You will not see 35$ credit but a "referral35" code will be available to you whenever you go through the reservation process.

I cancelled my first three reservations on TP and always got the code back.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
This credit, as a code, should go straight back to your account. You will not see 35$ credit but a "referral35" code will be available to you whenever you go through the reservation process.

I cancelled my first three reservations on TP and always got the code back.
OK, thank you. On the phone w/a supervisor now and that's what they're telling me.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:39 am

Something (not good) is going on with Travelpony. Their website is having issues affecting the ability to cancel a refundable reservation. They won't give me my money or my referral credit back, even though they agree i'm entitled to both. Tech support seems to be the one that needs to assist me, but it's been 5 days, and they are unreachable.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
What happens when you try to cancel?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:03 am

I get an error code. I finally called in the cancellation on Tuesday, and they had the same error on their end. They supposedly cancelled the reservation with the hotel, but it isn't cancelled in their system, so it shows as active in my account. I had an $80.xx referral credit, and the remainder was on my Visa. No credit for either one. Normally, the referral credit shows up right away when you cancel. I also did not receive the normal cancellation email.

They phone reps are vey nice, but they only handle the reservations and have nothing to do with the website. They have tried to contact Travel Pony/ tech support as well with no response. The phone reps seem to be working for a separate travel agency.

I saw a few other posts on FB about issues with their website the other day. Don't know if the posts are still there.

In the past, when I've emailed TP, I've gotten quick responses. It's been 6 days now since I started working on this issue. I didn't get the impression that the reps usually had encountered this kind of lapse either.

Last edited by mareh; Jan 13, 2017 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
More strange things at travelpony I have $150 referral credit but can't use it as no hotels are showing as bookable with travelpony , only bookable with other online travel agents
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by xcalx
More strange things at travelpony I have $150 referral credit but can't use it as no hotels are showing as bookable with travelpony , only bookable with other online travel agents
I'm seeing the same. Weird.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:11 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by trajanc
I'm seeing the same. Weird.
Looks to me like they have turned into a hotel comparison search engine. I was just about to book a $210 hotel that would have cost me $210 - $150 - $35 =$25 gutted.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:33 am

can't call and ask what to do with credits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.