Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Chicago -New year promotion from $25.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Chicago -New year promotion from $25.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Talking

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
The deal is still alive, but please bear in mind that the thread is now about pizza.
Check out THIS deal!

Best Western University Plaza (Evanston Illinois)
January 1, 2015 - January 5, 2015
Internet Only Rate, One King Bed: $743.07/night
Book on bestwestern.com
Enjoy!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:48 pm

Booked the 1st-3rd and I am definitely up for some Lou Malnati's. One of these days, I need to get to Chicago outside of the winter months...
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Due to the overwhelming success of the new years first w/end promotion the BW Grant Park Chicago have decided to extend the offer to the second weekend also

http://dconnect.bestwestern.com/Dire...=GBP&sob=A1438
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
Due to the overwhelming success of the new years first w/end promotion the BW Grant Park Chicago have decided to extend the offer to the second weekend also

DUDE! Awesome find! Should I book the later dates in case the weather is bad during the earlier dates?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:47 am

I reserved the Internet Only rate where it indicates that full payment will be made at the time of booking. However, my credit card has not been charged. There was a pending charge of $1, but now it has disappeared.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by derek88
I reserved the Internet Only rate where it indicates that full payment will be made at the time of booking. However, my credit card has not been charged. There was a pending charge of $1, but now it has disappeared.
Whether it's been charged right away, or not, you agreed to pre-payment. So, don't expect to be able to cancel and not pay for it.

The AAA rate is the same as the prepaid rate, so there is no need to book a prepaid rate. Well, of course you should HAVE AAA if you're using that rate.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:44 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chokdee

It's the deadpan delivery that gets me every time
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by clublounger
Whether it's been charged right away, or not, you agreed to pre-payment. So, don't expect to be able to cancel and not pay for it.

The AAA rate is the same as the prepaid rate, so there is no need to book a prepaid rate. Well, of course you should HAVE AAA if you're using that rate.
I guess you're not a big fan of Best Western! The Internet Only rate is fully refundable (it is not an "advance purchase" rate). The cancellation policy for my booking: "Cancellation Policy: Cancel before 4PM hotel time on December 31, 2014 to avoid a charge"
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:07 pm

Beautiful!! Thanks OP for the info. Booked Jan 1 for 2 nites - great city - great eats! Lou Malnati sounds good for 1 nite -- Grand Luxe Cafe is one of our favorites for 2nd nite (beignets, anyone?).

Now, need some outstanding deals like this in Southwest Airlines cities in WARM climates so I can use my newly acquired companion pass and escape freezing northern climates!!!

Safe, CHEAP travels all...
Amy
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
The deal is still alive, but please bear in mind that the thread is now about pizza.
ROFL
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:21 pm

I guess you're not a big fan of Best Western! The Internet Only rate is fully refundable (it is not an "advance purchase" rate). The cancellation policy for my booking: "Cancellation Policy: Cancel before 4PM hotel time on December 31, 2014 to avoid a charge"
This rate does get your card charged for the full amount though right?(like orbitz, hotels.com etc do) Whereas the best available merely holds the reservation and no charges.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
This rate does get your card charged for the full amount though right?(like orbitz, hotels.com etc do) Whereas the best available merely holds the reservation and no charges.
Yes. It is probably smarter for me to cancel the prepaid but refundable rate, and get the non-prepaid and still refundable AAA rate! I think i will do that!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
No, not a huge fan. But I LOVE a deal and I'm BW Diamond. Thanks for explaining the internet rate.

Looking forward to Chicago.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by clublounger
No, not a huge fan. But I LOVE a deal and I'm BW Diamond. Thanks for explaining the internet rate.

Looking forward to Chicago.
Ft'ers unite in Chicago!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:40 am

thanks for the find!
anyone been there before ?

booked before and after the mco deal. let's see how i will combine the two!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.