Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Avios Hotel Sale - Cash Glitch

Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:10 am

Programs: everything
For those whom can't see inclusive breakfast in confirmation email,
My confirmation email (it's hotmail.com) also doesn't show "included service: breakfast." However, I found my Gmail clearly shows it when I forwarded the email to my own Gmail account. So I suggest forwarding the confirmation email to your Gmail account, then you may see that.

Last edited by barefootist; Jan 12, 2014 at 3:26 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by barefootist
My confirmation email (it's hotmail.com) also doesn't show "included service: breakfast." However, I found my Gmail clearly shows it when I forwarded the email to my own Gmail account. So I suggest forwarding the confirmation email to your Gmail account, then you may see that.
Genius! You are right. Never would have thought of that in a million years.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
This offer will be back next week with a different list of cities, including London. See: http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...ains-revealed/
Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
So is this deal still alive for the cities where this was working for booking yesterday? I recall it was to be good until noon local LHR time tomorrow.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by barefootist
Yes - that worked - thanks! Also discovered that if I then forward it back from Gmail to Hotmail I can see it in Hotmail too.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:23 pm

So, I know - never email a hotel on a great deal. But I wonder if anyone plans to contact IC Budapest prior to their stay and ask if they`ll give Ambassador benefits?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
So, I know - never email a hotel on a great deal. But I wonder if anyone plans to contact IC Budapest prior to their stay and ask if they`ll give Ambassador benefits?
Your inquiry does not have to be in any way connected to this deal. Would they honor RA benefits if the stay was booked using Avios at the regular rate, or via Priceline, or Hotwire, or using Chase UR? It's a pretty generic question. The answer is very likely already on FT somewhere.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by User Name
Yes - that worked - thanks! Also discovered that if I then forward it back from Gmail to Hotmail I can see it in Hotmail too.
THANKS, worked for me!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Thanks,after building a gmail account,this worked for me,too.But what to do about the missing address on the voucher,where it says the Hotel should give it to an address that isn`t printed on the voucher?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The second round of '50% hotel discounts' is now live!

Booking link on ba.com - http://tidd.ly/a063cfa1

Cities included:

London
•Venice
•Edinburgh
•Guernsey
•Florence
•Milan

All hotels are offered at 50% of the usual price. You can pay with cash or Avios.

The deadline for booking is midnight (or 12 noon, depending on which page you look at) London time on Friday. However, there is a limited room allocation at each property so it is better to book sooner rather than later.

You can stay at any point up to 30 September.

Full details at Head for Points here: http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...luding-london/
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
The second round of '50% hotel discounts' is now live!

Booking link on ba.com - http://tidd.ly/a063cfa1

Cities included:

London
•Venice
•Edinburgh
•Guernsey
•Florence
•Milan

All hotels are offered at 50% of the usual price. You can pay with cash or Avios.

The deadline for booking is midnight (or 12 noon, depending on which page you look at) London time on Friday. However, there is a limited room allocation at each property so it is better to book sooner rather than later.

You can stay at any point up to 30 September.

Full details at Head for Points here: http://www.headforpoints.com/2014/01...luding-london/
Thanks, 50% off the cash component too?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Prices do not look too hot to me, unless I am doing something wrong?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by dewby
Prices do not look too hot to me, unless I am doing something wrong?
Same here!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As per Raffles' blog, "Avios appears to have backtracked on the terms and conditions of the sale. London hotels are only offering a 15% discount. This is contrary to all of the promotional material."

This might be why you're not seeing great rates.

Added: "Florence, Milan and Guernsey are 50% off, Edinburgh and Venice are 25% off, and London is 15% off"
Old Jan 15, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Hilton, UA, AA
No deal at all. I can book direct on Hilton's website for cheaper than then lowest points and cash option for the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice. Wondering if I am doing something wrong here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.