Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:52 am

Gave it a try, thanks op!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
ASCEND NY - Free night BRG

Also gave it a try. Thanks OP
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The same blog has an attractive LGA Holiday Inn BRG with free breakfast. Add the breakfast to your rate when you book this hotel.

So everyone can play the "maybe you'll get free rooms in NYC on a BRG if they'll actually stand by their promise" game this weekend.

BTW, both these BRGs seem to be perfect matches. I still expect many people to get rejected, though. I've found IHG to be pretty random on this stuff. And since it's the weekend, maybe they'll just run out the clock until the Expedia sale expires.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:02 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo
Original Poster

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Yep just waiting for these before we but some more nights and our tickets.

Received both confirmations for ASCEND. Waiting on IHG
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:11 pm

Iahphx-

Thanks for that. I ended up booking the Holiday Inn also. Would be awesome to get both
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Iahphx-

Thanks for that. I ended up booking the Holiday Inn also. Would be awesome to get both
I got approved for the Choice BRG. Not THAT surprised; with a few exceptions, they've treated me reasonably fair with their BRG.

I did get a IHG BRG last month, but those tend to be tough. We'll see if they make up some excuse -- or if they just run out the clock.

I do wonder what this Ascend hotel will do, though. I mean, we're going to be talking about dozens of free rooms. That's going to be very costly for them. I love to get these free rooms but, honestly, I think the chains would be better off being more "lenient" with qualifying for the BRGs but making them less onerous for the property. Half-off your first night would be very generous.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:41 pm

We have located the published rate that was submitted on your claim form and are pleased to let you know that your reservation confirmation number xxxxxx at the Gem Hotel in New York, NY for arrival on xxxxxx for 1 night, has been changed to reflect a free night for your stay.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:15 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo
Original Poster

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I've had a few IHG ones also but they take longer. One time they were anal about the cancellation varying by HOURS so did not honor it. Choice is always good, quick and easy.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Spg, AA, United
Thanks. I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
I've had a few IHG ones also but they take longer. One time they were anal about the cancellation varying by HOURS so did not honor it. Choice is always good, quick and easy.
I got the LGA Holiday Inn honored tonight.

What a great day for NYC BRGs!

Now we just need one of the Midtown Intercontinentals to have a mistake rate tomorrow.

I'll tell you, I'm going to watch that bestrateguarantee blog more closely. With the travel agency BRG programs diminished, Choice and IHG can be very valuable.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:55 pm

Oh goody I'm hoping to get an approval on the Ihg too. Indeed this would be a good day!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
It's out lol... NYC has been good with ihg lately.. which is great when holiday inns are running around $300!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryan754
It's out lol... NYC has been good with ihg lately.. which is great when holiday inns are running around $300!
Yeah, that Chelsea Choice property is something like $299 in spring, too (+ the nasty NYC hotel tax) -- and the BRG is good through at least May.

Do people really pay that much for tiny, ordinary hotel rooms? With all the crazy hotel options we have as "flyertalkers," I feel like I live in a different travel world.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:50 pm

My IHG was approved also!!! Thank you so much guys!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.