Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: shahr04360
Orbitz's Price Guarantee covers flight, hotels, packages, rental cars and activities.

What it means
If you find a cheaper identical flight, package, rental car or activity within 24 hours of booking, or a cheaper, identical hotel up to 2 days before your standalone hotel check-in date, we'll refund the difference and give you 50 USD Orbucks.

Before you submit your claim, answer the following questions:
- Is the cost of your booking at least 50 USD, excluding taxes and fees?
- Did you book your flight, package, rental car or activity on Orbitz in the last 24 hours?
- Standalone hotel bookings only: Is today's date at least 2 days before the check-in date?
- Are the trip dates the same?
- Did you find the lower price on a website in English?
- Is the lower price quoted in US dollars?
- Is the room type the same?
- Is the cancellation policy the same?

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions and wish to receive your refund, then you will need to:
1. Have your Orbitz itinerary number ready.
2. Submit your claim by clicking here.

Good to know
- To qualify for Orbucks, you must have an Orbitz account.
- If you booked as a guest, you will only qualify for a refund in price difference.
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- The amount of Orbucks issued is limited to the total amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees). If the amount spent on the booking is less than the amount of Orbucks you are eligible to receive, then the Orbucks will be capped at an amount equal to the amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees).

Source: https://www.orbitz.com/service/#/articles/553/55/16146
Print Wikipost

Orbitz BRG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redreeper
I have to agree this is a case of we want to advertise a BRG but it's so restrictive it's almost a unicorn BRG.
Given the frivolous nature of so many class action suits, I would think one is going to come Orbitz's way. I mean, it is completely bogus to "guarantee" the lowest price when you won't match "discounted" rates -- especially when you don't note that fact, much less explain what the "discounted rate" loophole consists of.

Has anyone ever come across any litigation concerning "best price" guarantees? I would think they are legally enforceable, no? This would seem like a classic case of a completely arbitrary and bogus guarantee.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:35 am

Error when filling the claim form

Hi guys, was trying to filed a claim but there's an error of 'subject is required' when I click 'submit claim', any idea what did I miss? Thanks a lot.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Have anyone been successeful with their brg recently? Hotel, car or anything else?
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:12 am

I'm trying out a car one. I'll report back after my trip. It was tentatively approved but they said I need to email them a receipt.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:10 am

All denied, Orbitz doesn't like to keep its promises

Orbitz blanket denied all my claims made before they changed their terms & conditions. I moved many reservations to Orbitz to take advantage of their Best Price Guarantee. Most of my reservations are in China and Asia next year, and they didn't want to pay out the Orbucks to honor their guarantee and claimed that so many nights in Asia in different hotels was suspicious. I don't mind changing hotels when they are giving $100 per night! The way Orbitz handled the situation was totally wrong.

Make sure you think twice before booking with them again, if this is how their management think...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:31 am

They are asking for a lawsuit.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Shimon
They are asking for a lawsuit.
Well, more just degradation of their brand. You saw how recently Hyatt mistakenly offered lifetime diamond status with their credit card... they realised it was wrong but honored it, because that was what they stated. You expect that when WE follow the rules for a promotion, it will be paid out. Not so with Orbitz.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobu
I'm trying out a car one. I'll report back after my trip. It was tentatively approved but they said I need to email them a receipt.
It will be interesting to see what rate they agreed to accept. As I mentioned, they denied my claim on a Thrifty/Dollar no code, direct rate because they said it was "discounted."
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:35 pm

Just wanted to clarify how the BRG by Orbitz is a complete SCAM based on my two experiences in the past month

1) Booked a hotel for 3 night stay in February @ a Hotel Five in Seattle for $116 a night. The hotel website itself is offering a promotion for everyone who books on their site "Buy 2 nights, get 1 free" which then reduces the cost per night to $97. Submit my claim and the Orbitz team concludes that promotions do not apply for the Price Match guarantee even though it's what the hotel offers!

2) This one is even worse. Book my hotel for a one night stay at $180 a night and compared it to Priceline which was offering exact same hotel room, same cancellation policy for $135. Immediately filed a claim to get the difference plus Orbitz bucks with all appropriate screenshots. I get my response back today and the Orbitz "claims" person literally falsifies everything about Priceline's room. Says the room is not the same, then compares the orbitz price (prepaid by myself) to a priceline room that is Pay-Upon-Check-in (higher of course!), and the attached screenshot they send back is cut-off and only intentionally displays the higher priced room!! (I can even see the cheaper prices higher up in the cut-off screenshot)

I really really hope Orbitz gets the $hit sued out of them and takes away this policy altogether rather than scamming customers. Sure, there are some people who may milk the system and Orbitz should catch them. But they're literally rejecting most claims and hoping that people do not respond and/or forget to / or cannot cancel their trips.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:46 am

Orbitz is a scam.. Horrible customer service.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by nutternet
Orbitz blanket denied all my claims made before they changed their terms & conditions. I moved many reservations to Orbitz to take advantage of their Best Price Guarantee. Most of my reservations are in China and Asia next year, and they didn't want to pay out the Orbucks to honor their guarantee and claimed that so many nights in Asia in different hotels was suspicious. I don't mind changing hotels when they are giving $100 per night! The way Orbitz handled the situation was totally wrong.

Make sure you think twice before booking with them again, if this is how their management think...

about how they give 100 $?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:30 pm

In December I had February 21 approved for the hotel Stratford union square San Francisco, they lowered rate to $109, credited the difference in orbucks and promised $100 in orbucks upon stay completion.

I've since become a star member and earlier this week found the good hotel in soma for $107 on hotelclub.com and it was $119 on orbitz. They approved my claim, refunded the $12 as an orbucks credit and am due $138 in orbucks upon completion as my new status allows for a credit up to $150. I should have held onto the Stratford and given a friend in the east bay a steal of a deal to join me on a night out in the city, but went ahead and cancelled Stratford.

book on orbitz but don't use promo codes or orbucks(you do get 5% if you book via their app) and make sure the competitor website has similar cancellation policy and doesn't list a sale rate and you should be approved.

So in the end I'm paying $138 for my stay but am receiving $157 in orbucks for a future booking where I will be sure to also use one of the promo codes.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Will Orbitz reject a claim if the competing OTA has both a better price and a BETTER CANCELLATION POLICY?

I've heard of OTA's doing crazy stuff like that.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately that's what happened to me, but I only have two data points. I believe they want the exact same cancellation policy.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:07 pm

.... ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.