Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: shahr04360
Orbitz's Price Guarantee covers flight, hotels, packages, rental cars and activities.

What it means
If you find a cheaper identical flight, package, rental car or activity within 24 hours of booking, or a cheaper, identical hotel up to 2 days before your standalone hotel check-in date, we'll refund the difference and give you 50 USD Orbucks.

Before you submit your claim, answer the following questions:
- Is the cost of your booking at least 50 USD, excluding taxes and fees?
- Did you book your flight, package, rental car or activity on Orbitz in the last 24 hours?
- Standalone hotel bookings only: Is today's date at least 2 days before the check-in date?
- Are the trip dates the same?
- Did you find the lower price on a website in English?
- Is the lower price quoted in US dollars?
- Is the room type the same?
- Is the cancellation policy the same?

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions and wish to receive your refund, then you will need to:
1. Have your Orbitz itinerary number ready.
2. Submit your claim by clicking here.

Good to know
- To qualify for Orbucks, you must have an Orbitz account.
- If you booked as a guest, you will only qualify for a refund in price difference.
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- The amount of Orbucks issued is limited to the total amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees). If the amount spent on the booking is less than the amount of Orbucks you are eligible to receive, then the Orbucks will be capped at an amount equal to the amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees).

Source: https://www.orbitz.com/service/#/articles/553/55/16146
Print Wikipost

Orbitz BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:51 am

Like bobu said, I usually get mine within 12-24 hours, but the last two went to my spam folder for some reason.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:36 pm

I got an email this morning saying my BRG was approved and I will have $100 + $9 the difference in my account once I complete my stay ..
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:48 am

If I use a 20% discount coupon on orbitz.com, do I have to beat the original price or the discounted (20% off) price now with a cheaper website?
Same with Orbucks, if I use some previously earned orbucks, do I have to beat the 'orbucks applied' rate or the original rate?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by fuyao
If I use a 20% discount coupon on orbitz.com, do I have to beat the original price or the discounted (20% off) price now with a cheaper website?
Same with Orbucks, if I use some previously earned orbucks, do I have to beat the 'orbucks applied' rate or the original rate?
original rate
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:47 pm

I knew there was an orbitz brg thread... They changed their benefits a while ago and again last month. $200 orbucks for platinum was reduced to $100 and now it's $50 for everyone. Was good while it lasted.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: WN A+/CP
Originally Posted by fuyao
Are we sure about this? I was just denied (base rate: orbitz 125, other 97) but I used coupon which brought orbitz price down and as denied.

The difference in price cannot be due to the use of a promotion code, coupon code, or other discount. After looking at your account, we see that you used a promotion code, coupon code, or discount on your Orbitz booking. The price you paid after discounts is the price which we use to compare against the competitor’s price. Based on the information provided, the price you paid on Orbitz was less than the price you saw on the competitors site.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Calboy9903
Are we sure about this? I was just denied (base rate: orbitz 125, other 97) but I used coupon which brought orbitz price down and as denied.

The difference in price cannot be due to the use of a promotion code, coupon code, or other discount. After looking at your account, we see that you used a promotion code, coupon code, or discount on your Orbitz booking. The price you paid after discounts is the price which we use to compare against the competitor’s price. Based on the information provided, the price you paid on Orbitz was less than the price you saw on the competitors site.
Using orbucks or a coupon is against the rules.... under old policy you wouldn't want to use a discount anyway.
Under old rules you would get $28 in orbucks and an extra $125. Under new rules you get $28 orbucks(the difference) and $50 more orbucks.... That's a difference of $75.

I was making a killing booking hotels between $150-$200 with a substantial difference at competitor website.
Example orbitz $190, hotel website $109, would get $81 for the difference plus $190 via brg. So my $190 spend earned me $271 plus their 5% for booking thru their app(extra $9.50)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Orbitz has gotten extremely slow now in approving BRGs. My last approval came in ~60hours.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by kyunbit
Orbitz has gotten extremely slow now in approving BRGs. My last approval came in ~60hours.
Any other recent experiences? Previously I was usually getting approvals in ~12 hours (i.e submit in the evening usually, with response the next a.m.). I have a submission in now that is >24 hours with no response.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:08 am

I'm new to this game, but I submitted a request last week, and within 12 hours it was denied, with the explanation that I didn't have a confirmed booking with Orbitz. I did, it was prepaid and I filled in the confirmation number when submitting my request. I resubmitted and received no reply for over 72 hours so I cancelled.

Then I booked a different stay, and submitted a request. Again now, over 72 hours later with no reply.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I've a question. I tried submitting a claim for the first time to Orbitz two weeks ago, and I got a response a day later stating:

"Thank you for contacting Orbitz about your reservation with <hotel name>. We appreciate you sending us a copy of the screenshot for your Best Price Guarantee claim.

We verified that your claim was already submitted on high priority to our claims department. Please wait for the confirmation e-mail regarding your claim."
What does that mean? Does that mean my claim has been approved, or still pending verification? I haven't heard back since then for two weeks now. Emailing them also results in a bounced email.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:12 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by kyunbit
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Any other recent experiences? Previously I was usually getting approvals in ~12 hours (i.e submit in the evening usually, with response the next a.m.). I have a submission in now that is >24 hours with no response.
I submitted 2 requests. Now over 4 and 5 days ago respectively. The newer request I have since cancelled as the cancellation deadline came without any response and I opted for another arrangement. Wondering if I contact them at this point, or continue to wait. This is kind of annoying - previously they were quite quick. Their e-mail clearly says 24-48 hours response time.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I submitted 2 requests. Now over 4 and 5 days ago respectively. The newer request I have since cancelled as the cancellation deadline came without any response and I opted for another arrangement. Wondering if I contact them at this point, or continue to wait. This is kind of annoying - previously they were quite quick. Their e-mail clearly says 24-48 hours response time.
Orbitz was bought by Expedia last year, and they have just switched to the "Expedia-style" customer service. Clearly, the old, quick Orbitz service is gone. They don't care about the price guarantee anymore and will just keep you waiting until you don't bother anymore...
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by ryanthekiwi
I'm new to this game, but I submitted a request last week, and within 12 hours it was denied, with the explanation that I didn't have a confirmed booking with Orbitz. I did, it was prepaid and I filled in the confirmation number when submitting my request. I resubmitted and received no reply for over 72 hours so I cancelled.

Then I booked a different stay, and submitted a request. Again now, over 72 hours later with no reply.
To follow up, I never got a response to this request, nor did my friend who made a request at the same time. Hoping Orbitz can get their act together soon.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:23 pm

You can add me to the list of also never getting a reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.