Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: shahr04360
Orbitz's Price Guarantee covers flight, hotels, packages, rental cars and activities.

What it means
If you find a cheaper identical flight, package, rental car or activity within 24 hours of booking, or a cheaper, identical hotel up to 2 days before your standalone hotel check-in date, we'll refund the difference and give you 50 USD Orbucks.

Before you submit your claim, answer the following questions:
- Is the cost of your booking at least 50 USD, excluding taxes and fees?
- Did you book your flight, package, rental car or activity on Orbitz in the last 24 hours?
- Standalone hotel bookings only: Is today's date at least 2 days before the check-in date?
- Are the trip dates the same?
- Did you find the lower price on a website in English?
- Is the lower price quoted in US dollars?
- Is the room type the same?
- Is the cancellation policy the same?

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions and wish to receive your refund, then you will need to:
1. Have your Orbitz itinerary number ready.
2. Submit your claim by clicking here.

Good to know
- To qualify for Orbucks, you must have an Orbitz account.
- If you booked as a guest, you will only qualify for a refund in price difference.
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks after your qualifying travel itinerary has been completed.
- The amount of Orbucks issued is limited to the total amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees). If the amount spent on the booking is less than the amount of Orbucks you are eligible to receive, then the Orbucks will be capped at an amount equal to the amount spent on the booking (excluding taxes and fees).

Source: https://www.orbitz.com/service/#/articles/553/55/16146
Print Wikipost

Orbitz BRG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2013, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Orbitz BRG

http://www.orbitz.com/mktg/best-price-guarantee/
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:00 am

Think you can book brg rates, get orbucks, cancel the reservation and still keep the orbucks?
Heard that's how it used to work with the previous program.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Think you can book brg rates, get orbucks, cancel the reservation and still keep the orbucks?
Heard that's how it used to work with the previous program.
No, from the T&Cs :

"If your qualifying booking on Orbitz.com is cancelled, any Orbucks issued in connection with the Orbitz Best Price Guarantee as a result of your having submitted a claim based on finding a rate lower than the rate you paid on the refunded booking will be forfeited. If your qualifying booking is canceled within 48 hours of booking, your claim or any issued Orbucks will not be valid."
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
BRG is a big scam.. i have a reservation and the price dropped just a week later and they said it doesnt apply cause no one else purchased exact same dates or flights.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UA1KPHL
BRG is a big scam.. i have a reservation and the price dropped just a week later and they said it doesnt apply cause no one else purchased exact same dates or flights.
That is correct for the old guarantee. You can call it a scam if you wish, I suppose, but Orbitz is crystal clear in the main description of the program (at least it had been in the past) that this is the way it works - it's not buried in the fine print where you have to dig for it.

Last edited by emcampbe; Oct 24, 2013 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:58 am
Original Poster

it seems like a great deal if you actually stay in $60 hotel and get $200 to use on future hotels without restrictions almost.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:43 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
BRG in general isn't a scam. I've received 5 free stays (1 nighters) in the past few months and have 3 more free coming!

Choice hotels is solid. IHG also has some, sometimes. Most of the hotels incl. breakfast and have had great rating on tripadvisor.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Can you get a BRG on a hotel booked with Orbucks?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:05 am

Dear Christopher,

We received your Orbitz Hotel Best Price Guarantee claim.

However, we are unable to approve it because the Orbitz Hotel Best Price Guarantee applies only to on-line rates available without any discount or promotion such as " save 20% on this stay".

If you have any further questions, please e-mail us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Orbitz Customer Support

RIDICULOUS, will try again soon.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by al613
it seems like a great deal if you actually stay in $60 hotel and get $200 to use on future hotels without restrictions almost.
Is 200 Orbucks the equivalent of $200 USD?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:08 am

Their BRG really is a waste of time. I have had claims approved in other programs and never moan when something is turned down for a good reason. But I just submitted a claim to Orbitz where the hotel website had a 10% lower rate, everything identical-- and they simply rejected it saying it is a "promotional" rate. I am not talking about a discount from a code or an affinity- the hotel simply had a lower rate on its own site. Similar to the reason they rejected JustChris's claim. In other words, any site including the hotel's site itself, that has a sale or discount and therefore a lower rate, will be rejected. This is not a genuine BRG but a marketing ploy.

Last edited by gil123; Oct 27, 2013 at 9:41 am
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This one seems complicated, but what if you booked really cheap BRG hotels (Vegas, Cambodia) and then qualified for a couple hundred "Orbucks"? There should be a price point where just "throwing away" your paid rez could make sense.

I need frequentmiler or somebody like that to figure out the best way to game it.

And, of course, you've got to get Orbitz to actually honor the guarantee.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:05 pm

This should be interesting. There doesn't seem to be a limit?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:16 pm

Yes well I think that is the point. They are stirring up hype by making it sound really attractive and potentially lucrative, but making it extremely difficult to actually get. I never bothered with Orbitz BRG in the past because it wasn't worth the trouble to me, but some quick addition made this seem more worthwhile with the new policy. But it sounds that anything but a rack rate with no discounts (which I would think cannot normally be beaten) can be excluded as "promotional" and will be summarily rejected. Beware anybody booking a non-refundable rate on Orbitz expecting to get them to honor this.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by gil123
Yes well I think that is the point. They are stirring up hype by making it sound really attractive and potentially lucrative, but making it extremely difficult to actually get. I never bothered with Orbitz BRG in the past because it wasn't worth the trouble to me, but some quick addition made this seem more worthwhile with the new policy. But it sounds that anything but a rack rate with no discounts (which I would think cannot normally be beaten) can be excluded as "promotional" and will be summarily rejected. Beware anybody booking a non-refundable rate on Orbitz expecting to get them to honor this.
Note also that non-refundable rates are explicitly prohibited by the terms... You can't claim a brg after the hotels cancellation policy has passed so regardless of anything else non-refundable rates are impossible to claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.