Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 4, 13, 5:55 pm   #1

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Gold, AA Plat,
Discover America: Daily Getaways 2013 from 6/10 to 7/12

I got impatient and contacted the US Travel Association.

According to the Sr. Director, Program and Marketing Services, Daily Getaways will be back again this Spring.

She says the program will start in June this time and to look for an email ( if you signed up to receive emails) detailing the dates of the program in 2 weeks!!!

I have an AMEX card this time

Moderator Edit: Link to program: https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 15, 13 at 5:29 am. Reason: add convenience
phdtomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 13, 6:16 pm   #2

Programs: DL Silver,UA Silver,AA,Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Yeah, but Boo it has been moved from April to June
yuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 13, 6:48 pm   #3

Programs: SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Priority Club Gold, AA Plat,
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuel View Post
Yeah, but Boo it has been moved from April to June
Agreed, June is not ideal. I just redeemed some points for a trip to Rome June 6th. I may have to make a deal with the wife to be around some internet at 8pm, Lol. I fared pretty well last year with the Wyndham points, but I had fast internet and some up. I hope it will be a good month. I know I wont be going for Hilton points this time.
Old Mar 4, 13, 7:13 pm   #4

Programs: DL Silver,UA Silver,AA,Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdtomd View Post
Agreed, June is not ideal. I just redeemed some points for a trip to Rome June 6th. I may have to make a deal with the wife to be around some internet at 8pm, Lol. I fared pretty well last year with the Wyndham points, but I had fast internet and some up. I hope it will be a good month. I know I wont be going for Hilton points this time.
I too redeem Choice hotels from the Daily getaway, stayed in middle of Rome for 8,000 choice points equaling $40 a night
yuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 13, 7:22 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuel View Post
I too redeem Choice hotels from the Daily getaway, stayed in middle of Rome for 8,000 choice points equaling $40 a night
Nice! I am burning some Hilton points due to the devaluation. I could only string together 4 nights though so we will stay at the St Regis the last night. I wonder what kind of points will be offered. Starpoints?
Old Mar 4, 13, 7:36 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdtomd View Post
Me, too. June would be very bad. I'm on the road most of the month.

Also, I would think that if the purpose of the program is to promote domestic tourism -- for which summer is the biggest season -- it makes sense to have the promo early in the spring so folks can plan their vacations. This doesn't seem like a "last minute" travel promotion.
iahphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 13, 8:27 pm   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Me, too. June would be very bad. I'm on the road most of the month.

Also, I would think that if the purpose of the program is to promote domestic tourism -- for which summer is the biggest season -- it makes sense to have the promo early in the spring so folks can plan their vacations. This doesn't seem like a "last minute" travel promotion.
I am a conspiracy theorist, I wouldn't doubt that the deal was moved for some reason. Amex no longer apart of it, changes to point offering due to changes to the reward charts in many hotels. I think what would be interesting is to see if they up the points ante with the Hilton devaluation.
Old Mar 19, 13, 9:02 am   #8

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Just got the email!

Save the date for Daily Getaways this summer! Every weekday from June 10 to July 12, 2013, amazing travel offers from America's top travel brands will go on sale at discounts up to 60% off. Save big on your next vacation through the purchase of travel points, hotel packages, theme park tickets and more at DailyGetaways.com.

Quantities are again limited and purchased on a first-come, first-served basis, but this year, we are happy to offer more inventory from select travel brands. To begin previewing offers and to sign up for alerts, check DailyGetaways.com beginning June 3.

And remember, use any American Express® Card and receive an additional 10% off the final price.
blase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 13, 9:29 am   #9

Daily Getaways returns - from 6/10 to 7/12 2013

Got the email today announcing the return of Daily Getaways this summer.

http://www.ustravel.org/marketing/daily-getaways
resutf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 13, 9:43 am   #10

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
good first post. Thank you
Old Mar 19, 13, 10:02 am   #11

Programs: A3 *Gold, HH Gold, IHG Gold and MR Silver
Grrrrr, it's a month+ later than in the past. Why are they promoting travel after summer season begins?! IIRC, the previews began first week of May.

Silly me, I was counting on this for a May 27 1-night stay in Perth for OzFest.

Save the date for Daily Getaways this summer! Every weekday from June 10 to July 12, 2013, amazing travel offers from America's top travel brands will go on sale at discounts up to 60% off. Save big on your next vacation through the purchase of travel points, hotel packages, theme park tickets and more at DailyGetaways.com.

Quantities are again limited and purchased on a first-come, first-served basis, but this year, we are happy to offer more inventory from select travel brands. To begin previewing offers and to sign up for alerts, check DailyGetaways.com beginning June 3.

And remember, use any American Express® Card and receive an additional 10% off the final price.

Follow us on twitter @dailygetaways for sneak peeks and the most up to date information on upcoming travel offers.
Old Mar 19, 13, 10:20 am   #12

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Great

Great growl boxo I am impressed
Old Mar 19, 13, 10:47 am   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxo View Post
Grrrrr, it's a month+ later than in the past. Why are they promoting travel after summer season begins?! IIRC, the previews began first week of May. [/i]
Yeah, the timing sucks. It will already be the summer travel season and -- like many Flyertalkers -- I'll be travelling during many (most?) of those days!

I guess I'll have to figure out the days where they're offering something I want, deal with the time zone issue, and try to get a find a fast internet connection.

It amazes me that they want to wait until summer to do this.
iahphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 13, 12:33 pm   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blase View Post
Just got the email!

Sweet game on !!

Any guesses about what will be available. SPG?
Old Mar 19, 13, 1:06 pm   #15
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Too bad it was not this month. It would have been nice to buy some hotel pts and transfer to SWA to get companion pass. I may only need to transfer a small amount of hotel pts to make CP.

I trust the offerings will be decent this year.
chemist661 is offline   Reply With Quote