Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

5* Dusit Thani Pattaya,Thailand -From £35 double sea view RO.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Seems to be quite a lot of availability available from January through to the end of September. Obviously better value in peak season January,Feb etc than later in the year but a very competitive deal at any time.

Something called a business room is available at £65 pn ...would like to think this was the club room but nothing certain...unable to see anything like this anywhere else??

I have stayed there previously and it's not the best 5* in the world but still comes in at No 25 with a certificate of excellence on TA and at this rate there can be few complaints! ^
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: IHG Amb,Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver
where can I book it? cant any avaiablity
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Sample for February:

http://www.hotel.info/Hotel/Detail?c...7)%2c+Thailand
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Another great find. I think I'd only book in Pattaya if the rate were as super cheap as Chokdee's Patong find a few months ago (I actually came to the hotel deals forum to check on that and give thanks). One potentially troubling aspect of this rate is the 730 baht per person breakfast. I'm totally unfamiliar with hotel.info, but the presentation of the rate appears as if breakfast is obligatory, so nearly U$D50 extra per night for a double booking. Do others interpret this similarly?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abitlost
Another great find. I think I'd only book in Pattaya if the rate were as super cheap as Chokdee's Patong find a few months ago (I actually came to the hotel deals forum to check on that and give thanks). One potentially troubling aspect of this rate is the 730 baht per person breakfast. I'm totally unfamiliar with hotel.info, but the presentation of the rate appears as if breakfast is obligatory, so nearly U$D50 extra per night for a double booking. Do others interpret this similarly?
I'm glad everything worked out ok at the Millennium in Patong.^

Just checked my mail regarding this deal. The confirmed reservation lists the total amount payable as 1822.90 THB per night.

It also states that the rate is exclusive of breakfast and the
supplement for breakfast is 730.00 THB per person .

Since the breakfast price is not included in the total amount payable and nowhere does it state that it is compulsory then I personally conclude (rightly or wrongly!) that the breakfast is optional and the price shown is for information purposes only.

Normal practice for hotels in Thailand is to list extra's such as Gala dinners etc and use the word ''compulsory'' but ''This Is Thailand'' so please don't quote me on it!
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum

The details of the reservation mention renovations taking place during 2011! They also list compulsory gala dinners over Christmas even for bookings nowhere near Christmas.

From my reservation email it states:

"Dusit Thani Pattaya will undergo a refurbishment project to provide better facilities and services to guests. Work will take place under Grand rooms on 8th floor for 4 months from 1 July - 31 October, 2011. We are apology for any inconvenience may cause during your stay."
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Yes I saw that. It's just a case of the hotel not updating the system. Hotels enter their own info on the website.

Incidentally the promotional rate with the Plaza hotel in Seoul also had the rate exclusive of breakfast listed exactly as this booking and on their ''important information'' they proudly proclaim ''newly finished full renovation 2010'' . They are certainly trying to get maximum leverage out of the ''newly'' finished bit!

Perhaps they should rename this OTA hotelmisinfo?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the extra color, Chokdee. I still don't think I'll bite but played around with things a little more. I noticed another site showing the same baht rate (but giving a slightly higher USD conversion), and it also invokes the 730 baht/pp breakfast. It is HRS.com. Don't know if this helps anyone, but I figured I'd toss out the data point. My totally uneducated guess is that this site is affiliated with hotels.info. I am 100% unfamiliar with both sites.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Your guess is spot on. Both companies involved in the Plaza Seoul deal as well. I believe they both reside in Germany.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:11 pm

I just got a call today from www.hotel.info, now 1.5 months later, that they are not going to honor the rate and are willing to offer a "special" rate of 3800 Baht or cancel. I can find it from other OTA's for under 3000 Baht, so nothing special about that rate at all.

Has anybody else heard on their reservation?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:53 am

I got an email and just now received a phone call. Ignoring until they come around with a better offer.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Originally Posted by chokdee
Seems to be quite a lot of availability available from January through to the end of September. Obviously better value in peak season January,Feb etc than later in the year but a very competitive deal at any time.

Something called a business room is available at £65 pn ...would like to think this was the club room but nothing certain...unable to see anything like this anywhere else??

I have stayed there previously and it's not the best 5* in the world but still comes in at No 25 with a certificate of excellence on TA and at this rate there can be few complaints! ^

Chokdee, I noticed that you find a lot of mistake fares and I'm just curious. Are you just extremely lucky or do you have some engineered method to find these fares?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by xxpert
Chokdee, I noticed that you find a lot of mistake fares and I'm just curious. Are you just extremely lucky or do you have some engineered method to find these fares?
+1
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Crystal Ball~~!!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:27 pm

Just as a follow-up.... Hotel.info (hotel.de) ended up standing behind the reservation even though the hotel wouldn't honor the price. Big ^^ to hotel.de.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.