Sheraton Herndon Dulles $53 Dec 21 - Jan 6

Old Dec 2, 2012, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Sheraton Herndon Dulles $53 Dec 21 - Jan 6

$53 Lowest Available Rate.
Found dates from Dec 21 - Jan 6
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA MM Lifetime Gold, BA Silver
I've stayed here a couple of times over the years. Not a bad place for a quick business trip to Northern VA.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
I stayed here its "ok" but a few co-workers experienced bug bites after staying there... we took it off the recommended list when staying in the Herndon area...
either way $53 is really cheap for the area...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Bed bugs? I stay here all the time and have never had a problem. If there is one, I will be crossing it off my list

Originally Posted by jfkeze
I stayed here its "ok" but a few co-workers experienced bug bites after staying there... we took it off the recommended list when staying in the Herndon area...
either way $53 is really cheap for the area...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by thegrailer
Bed bugs? I stay here all the time and have never had a problem. If there is one, I will be crossing it off my list
not bed bugs, little bites, we think it was spiders... not first hand, but happened to a co-worker... again, I was ok there, but in the area I ended up staying at the Marriott Suites (closer to my client site) or the Westin Herndon... I spent almost 4.5 months at a client out there M-Thurs so if anyone needs tips for the area... lemme know...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
check in and leave....good for meeting SPG Elite Qualification
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:05 pm

Seems like a steal, especially in conjunction with: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...targetted.html which people have been getting again. My wife and I each got the Free Weekend Night offer.

Anyone have any feedback on the pool? My son likes pools and $53 is a cheap pool day and overnight stay when it is cold.

Ike
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:42 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Seems like a steal, especially in conjunction with: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...targetted.html
Anyone have any feedback on the pool? My son likes pools and $53 is a cheap pool day and overnight stay when it is cold.

Ike
Are you familiar with the rules regarding pools in Virginia because they must be lifeguarded. Therefore, hotel pools have limited opening times and it really cuts in to pool time for your kids. The hotels I have stayed at have had a couple hours in the AM for people before work and then the same after work. They can get crowded too and the lifeguards enforce the pool rules like no one under 16 in the jacuzzi, etc which frustrates my kids.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Catusa
Are you familiar with the rules regarding pools in Virginia because they must be lifeguarded. Therefore, hotel pools have limited opening times and it really cuts in to pool time for your kids. The hotels I have stayed at have had a couple hours in the AM for people before work and then the same after work. They can get crowded too and the lifeguards enforce the pool rules like no one under 16 in the jacuzzi, etc which frustrates my kids.
He's 4, so we don't let him in the jacuzzi, although occasionally we let him put his feet in but really he would much rather play with us in the real pool. I'll check with them on available hours, thanks for the tip.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 11:03 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by jeautk01
$53 Lowest Available Rate.
Found dates from Dec 21 - Jan 6
This is a fairly normal rate for this hotel. It was down to $44 last month around Thanksgiving. If not the standard rate, the AAA rate is often in the $51-57 range.

Fine for a mattress run or a night before an early flight out of IAD.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Even better if you have a multi-day trip and need to park. The parking rate at times is less than even the AAA rate. There used to be a VA resident rate too. Not sure if it is still available.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
This is a fairly normal rate for this hotel. It was down to $44 last month around Thanksgiving. If not the standard rate, the AAA rate is often in the $51-57 range.

Fine for a mattress run or a night before an early flight out of IAD.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
I checked it out a couple days ago for Jan.5-6, and it did say $53. But today the best rate you can get for that night is $69. tls

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.