Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

First time here? Unsure what should be posted in this forum? READ ME!

Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:09 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Question: What should be posted in the Hotel Deals Forum?

All Flyertalk members are encouraged to post any and all Best Rate Guarantees (BRG’s) as many visit this forum regularly and appreciate the generous efforts taken to share in the opportunity to save some money.

Also, please feel free to post information regarding fantastic promotional rates, loyalty-point bonuses and mistake rates. Discussions and opinions about specific properties involved in a rate mistake/deal as well as the end results of checking in/staying with a mistake rate or terrific deal are welcomed as well.

The software used at Flyertalk allows members to add a signature line to their postings. You are welcome to use the signature line feature promote your blog, shout out to others to contact you for a referral code or make a statement that complies with Flyertalk TOS.

Before posting, ask yourself if the deal you want to post is simply a published website promotion for a specific chain. Would it be more appropriate in the Hilton or Hyatt forum or maybe the Las Vegas or San Francisco forum perhaps? New threads inquiring about the best possible rates at a specific property or assistance finding accommodations at a specific geographic location will be moved to the appropriate Flyertalk forum where they will get a better response.

Question: What should not be posted in the Hotel Deals Forum?

Please make sure that what you are posting in this forum is of primary interest to those looking to save on their accommodations. Advertisement posts with embedded reference links or promoting referral links will be removed. Again, use the signature feature for this.

Posts offering industry discounts exclusively for corporations, government, travel agents or airline crew will be removed as they are not meant to be publicly posted. Please do not offer to gift, trade, barter, donate, and exchange vouchers, certificates or coupons as these posts will be deleted.

As specified in the FlyerTalk Rules and Guidelines http://flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q71 "Posts containing promotional messages for commercial products or services - including but not limited to ... solicitations to donate miles or points are prohibited and will be removed. FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter." This policy also includes free or gifted offers, where no compensation is sought. Once you have been on Flyertalk for 180 days and have made 180 post, Coupon Connection will become available to you. That is the one and only forum on Flyertalk for these types of activities.

Question: I publish a blog with information that would benefit the readers of Hotel Deals. May I promote it here?

If you have appropriate information or an article to share with the Hotel Deals audience, you may post the information in this forum but referral links are prohibited. Postings with a link to your blog will be removed. However, direct blog links without referral links are permitted on your signature line.

Question: I don't have a deal to post but am looking for a deal. Should I post my request here?

No. The Hotel Deals forum is not the right place to inquire about the best rate at a specific property or to find out "Where should I stay in Paris?" Please visit the appropriate geographic, hotel chain, or Information Desk forum to post requests for assistance or advice.

Question: What can I do if I need assistance or see an inappropriate post?

I encourage you to contact me at any time with questions or concerns. If you posting something here by mistake and meant it to go in another forum, I can move it for you. If you see a spam posting, rude behavior or a post that needs editing, please click on the red triangle icon at the bottom of the post that needs my attention.

Of course, you are welcome to send me a private message anytime. I visit Flyertalk and monitor the Hotel Deals forum a couple of times a day but please be patient and keep in mind that Flyertalk moderators are volunteers and not online 24/7. It may take a few hours or depending on my work schedule and travel, a day or two for me to get back to you.

Thank you for visiting!

MileageAddict
Moderator, Hotel Deals

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 11, 2016 at 7:26 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.