Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Lisboa, 40 Euros per night, all-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by awesomo
Seems like all the rooms are booked. Checked random dates in April and May and none were available.
April 13 is still for the taking...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down none in November

I need three nights Nov. 4-7. This rate is not available for that time. Bummer.
is it likely they would run this promo again later this year?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by susiesan
My crystal ball says "no." Of course, my crystal ball is only correct half of the time in Yes/No situations.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Sunday, November 4 still there to get. Even paying lowest standard rate for 2 nights (€143 per night) gets you an average of €80 per night, which still is good for this property
Old Apr 6, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by onobond
Sunday, November 4 still there to get. Even paying lowest standard rate for 2 nights (€143 per night) gets you an average of €80 per night, which still is good for this property
Is this a good location for a tourist? I was going to stay in a local 3 star place. I also have buckets of SPG points that I could use for the other two nights or to be upgraded to executive floor.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Is this a good location for a tourist? I was going to stay in a local 3 star place. I also have buckets of SPG points that I could use for the other two nights or to be upgraded to executive floor.
It's not as good as it gets, but it's still pretty good

It's in a busy, more modern part of Lisbon a good mile or so from Rossio, which I guess you could call the heart of the city. The hotel's over a metro station (Picoas) so you can get to Rossio with just one annnoying change.

Taxis are inexpensive in Lisbon.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:51 am
Suspended

Is this a good location for a tourist?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:48 pm

Looks like I could book Nov. 4 for 40eu, and cash plus points for the other two nights Nov. 5 and 6. Would I be able to use more points at check in to upgrade to club level for all 3 nights? I don't want to have to change rooms after one night. Also, I'm SPG gold. Will that get me any benefits at this hotel?

I see the airport bus stops right across the street and that would be a benefit when leaving on Nov.7. We'd arrive by taxi as we will be coming off of a Windstar cruise early Sunday morning and I don't think there is a bus from the pier to the hotel.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I see the airport bus stops right across the street and that would be a benefit when leaving on Nov.7. We'd arrive by taxi as we will be coming off of a Windstar cruise early Sunday morning and I don't think there is a bus from the pier to the hotel.
As there's moe than one of you, probably best to forget the bus. A taxi to the airport isn't going to set you back more than 10 Euro. But make sure it's a regular taxi with meter ticking, not some sort of hotel limo...
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:19 pm

Thanks for the taxi tip, Ian. I decided to go ahead and book the one night at 40eu ($52) and 2 nights 4K points plus cash $60. I'll hope to be able to upgrade to club room for all 3 nights with 1500 * points per night when I check in. it is off season so hopefully I can do it. I mainly want club floor for the free breakfast and free internet.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
Originally Posted by the_savman
Wine in Portugal is extraordinarily cheap, as low as €0.89c in some supermarkets in fact.
If you're talking about a 750 ml bottle of real wine then you must be joking.

Originally Posted by Palal
For red wine, however, if you're paying more than 4€, you're overpaying (unless you're a snobby connoisseur). Lots of great wine in the 1-2€ range.
I must be a "snobby connoisseur" then because, in my opinion, €4 is the starting price for a decent red wine in a 750 ml bottle in a supermarket. There's no such thing as "great wine in the €1-€2 range" in a supermarket in Portugal unless you're talking about 187.5 ml bottles.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by TAP-A343
If you're talking about a 750 ml bottle of real wine then you must be joking.

I must be a "snobby connoisseur" then because, in my opinion, €4 is the starting price for a decent red wine in a 750 ml bottle in a supermarket. There's no such thing as "great wine in the €1-€2 range" in a supermarket in Portugal unless you're talking about 187.5 ml bottles.
Continuing OT, I noticed some Portuguese wines at the local supermarket, and splurged for the most expensive bottle at €3.75 This was in Paris, but was surprised how affordable these "imported" wines were. Pretty decent French wines start around €3, but I usually splurge for the 6 or 7€ bottles.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 4:11 am

Stayed their 1 night last week. Was grand.
Though for some reason I thought the room came with a 40 inch plasma screen. The screen was only maybe 24 inches.
Maybe I misread something somewhere.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
On the hotel pics, it looks as 24 inches

Even in the Club Lounge, the TV screen is far from 40 inches
Old Apr 15, 2012, 2:40 am

Perhaps but not under the "40th Anniversary" title. I couldn't get my dates but at least my friends could for their June vacation. A great deal to say the least. Thank you Flyertalk again for these posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.