Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 17, 11, 12:31 pm   #1

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
The Salisbury Hotel Midtown NYC: $119/night

I don't even remember signing up for this site or who they are but got sent this by email and already utilised for a couple of stays I have coming up in February. Looks a decent place but I can't vouch for that. The rate is not prepaid and can be cancelled up to 48 hours which is nice

http://www.shermanstravel.com/deal/1...089923/7279/4/
ma91pmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 11, 2:12 pm   #2

Programs: Celebrity Elite, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
I don't even remember signing up for this site or who they are but got sent this by email and already utilised for a couple of stays I have coming up in February. Looks a decent place but I can't vouch for that. The rate is not prepaid and can be cancelled up to 48 hours which is nice

We stayed there for several nights two years ago. The location is excellent -- directly opposite from Carnegie Hall -- and very easy to subway, bus etc. (Many famous classical musicians stayed there at some time, when the hotel was known for its' efficiency apartments.)
The lobby is basically non-existent, but the rooms are clean and (were) comfortable. Upgrade may be possible for little or no extra cost, if they aren't sold out (we lucked into a 1 BR apt that way, due to our masses of luggage). When we were there, they were offering a small, decent breakfast buffet for about $3 - $4 per person -- a real NYC bargain!
Tenerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 11, 7:30 pm   #3

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post

You probably got signed up via emiles, that's where I did. But is this site any good? I'm going to be in NYC May next year and am wondering if it's worth staying signed up just for an opportunity like this (not that it will be so great in May).
burmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 11, 11:23 am   #4

Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmans View Post
You probably got signed up via emiles, that's where I did. But is this site any good? I'm going to be in NYC May next year and am wondering if it's worth staying signed up just for an opportunity like this (not that it will be so great in May).
Ironically I was reading the email looking for the "unsubscribe" option when this caught my eye. I will keep it now. I don't keep on many lists but if anything shows up a bargain - and I think this qualifies - I will give it a run at least for a few more months

It did go to an old hotmail account though which I do not have linked to e-miles so still not sure where it came from ... not that it really matters. The booking here was made direct with the hotel under a promo code
ma91pmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 11, 9:16 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, SPG PP, HH Silver, IHG Plat, MR Gold
I stayed at the Salisbury Hotel about 12 years ago and liked it a lot. We had a spacious 1-bedroom suite. No kitchen as such, but a fridge and microwave.

At these rates it would certainly be a good value, especially the suite for only $50+tax additional.

(On a side note, I believe the hotel is owned by the Baptist church located in the same building.)
Old Dec 5, 11, 10:15 am   #6

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Sounds like a great deal!
pongben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 12, 10:37 pm   #7

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
The Salisbury is a decent value proposition. But do not valet your car. I had to wait almost an hour to get my car back. 3-4 local parking garages nearby.
edrags is offline   Reply With Quote