Copenhagen:http://awesomescreenshot.com/02d1wyrg90
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:40 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by kurtis78
Booked! Good find!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by kurtis78
Looks very nice
I won't be free so I don't book it and let someone else enjoy it but thanks a lot
Old Nov 5, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by chokdee
Ramada Frankfurt city centre New Years Eve @ £9.

Be warned it sounds none too inviting per some tripadvisor reviews.

Still on the plus side it's NYE in Frankfurt so you could always go out and ''drink the room pretty'' as the saying goes.
Stayed there before. Hotel's good, area around it is meh, but safe.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:41 pm

Lots of new stuff recently so might as well kill this. It's been around at least a month.

Park & Suites Prestige Val d'Europe $36. Various dates over the next year. Example: July 7-8 but there are many more. Located in Montevrain (Disneyland Paris) www.expedia.com pay now is most likely to be honored. Also, www.venere.com www.booking.com www.kayak.com www.getaroom.com Probably others.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 10:52 pm

Also been around more than a month
Hotel Renoir Saint Germain Paris May 18-19 $20 www.booking.com
Hotel D'Anjou Feb 20-21 $8 www.booking.com

Last edited by Yinzer; Nov 5, 2013 at 10:58 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Yinzer
Also been around more than a month
Hotel Renoir Saint Germain Paris May 18-19 $20 www.booking.com
Hotel D'Anjou Feb 20-21 $8 www.booking.com

Many thanks for these Yinzer

Yes the hotel Renoir deal has been around a while. Also around for a while on booking.com is the Hotel Nouvel in Paris on May 17-18 at £9 triple. So you could make a weekend of it.

Only average reviews but you can't complain about the price.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:21 am

Not Europe, but seems better to keep these all in one thread anyway.
Blue Cypress Hotel Arlington TX. Feb 23-24 $33 www.booking.com Exec. room.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
I found booking.com never honor these "super good" deals.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
I found booking.com never honor these "super good" deals.
There's plenty of discussion about the possible outcomes when booking. We should save this thread for posting deals. As a matter of fact though I've had a dozen bookings honored on the site. Of course I haven't posted most of those on FT and ymmv depending on the circumstances.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Yinzer
Not Europe, but seems better to keep these all in one thread anyway.
^!

It would be nice if the OP chokdee, Yinzer and other "heavy hitters" in this thread would confer with Mileage Addict to abbreviate - while expanding the meaning of - the title to "The definitive one night stand thread". The heavy hitters likely would keep it buoyant, we regular watchers would know what it's all about - - and it would likely bump up the hit count by the curious as it grows. Maybe even accelerate adding heavy hitters. Win-win-win-win-etc. @:-)?

I'm suggesting involving the mod because when I've tried changing my own OP titles after the first few minutes after posting, it changes the title only of the post but not the "big title" that heads the thread. Only a mod can do that. I apologize in advance for discussing moderation, but this might get the OP and the heavy hitters' juices going.

Thank you again to chokdee, Yinzer and other heavy hitters.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I appreciate the OP's efforts and love the posting of the deals.

But I despise MegaThreads and believe they have contributed to the decline of FlyerTalk. Who wants to click into a thread when you can just scan the headlines in the forum? If it's posted as 'Dec 12-13 only', I just pass by. No need to click in. If it's HOT, it'll stay at the top of the forum.

So I would ask for their to be reconsideration as to whether these really need to be put in a mega-thread.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by hobo13
I appreciate the OP's efforts and love the posting of the deals.

But I despise MegaThreads and believe they have contributed to the decline of FlyerTalk. Who wants to click into a thread when you can just scan the headlines in the forum? If it's posted as 'Dec 12-13 only', I just pass by. No need to click in. If it's HOT, it'll stay at the top of the forum.

So I would ask for their to be reconsideration as to whether these really need to be put in a mega-thread.
I can understand that. From my perspective it's just annoying to create a new thread each time. The same questions get asked and the same complaints made. I want to respond when people comment but it becomes repetitive. There's many points at which I have 30-40 mistake rates. While I'm not going to post them all on FT even a portion would overwhelm other content in the subforum. There's various types of hotel deals and as date specific deals aren't relevant to everyone I'm not sure they should become the overwhelming majority of content.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I understand that, too. But I appreciate receiving the email alerts from this single thread. And if it's "December 13-14 only", I delete the email straightaway. (Wait - December 13-14...?! ) The key, of course, is that the poster put suchlike in the body and not just in the title. As with the "Good Deals in Economy Class - Excellent Fares..." thread in Mileage Run Deals, thanks to contributors who do. As long as contributors do this, I still see this as net positive.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:15 pm

Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao De Pera, Portugal

Dec 1-3 (1 Adult)
€16 per night (€32ai)

-1 DOUBLE PROMENADE VIEW NONSMOKING, 1 PERSON(S) MAX PER ROOM
-ADVANCE PURCHASE REQUIRED, Must purchase at least 21 days in advance.

I found this at IHG.com, and if it is "normal" winter pricing for this area/property/room you have my apologies....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.