Copenhagen Phoenix - Double with breakfast- 2GBP
Thanx, booked 2 rooms.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:37 am

Would be interested in deals in north america as well, thanks!^
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by balou
You can still book it on Hotelopia.
Those were the single rooms not double... but 2 euro for a single is not bad either... if you book two singles, it's like booking a double for 4 euro

Now the only option left is the Superior Double Room at 22 euro including breakfast
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Looking for 4* Four Points by Sheraton Panoramahaus-Dornbirn -Austria...But can't see it for the mentioned Price..Anything I'm doing wrong?
So, why is there no free Rooms for this great Price? All gone? Or another Website?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by JayIRL
Looks like I'm going to Copenhagen in May =)
For Eurovision?

See you there!!!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Anyone has a deal like this for London or Paris in the summer? Thanks a lot.
While these aren't flash sales per se, they do tend to pop up randomly. So the suggestion would be that you subscribe to this thread - which you do by virtue of having posted in it - or check back frequently.

Thanks again to our sponsors. ^
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frank_10b
As with all of these deals, once there is scrips involved or the methods get out the deals disappear. Remember the wonderful error fares that once occured with some frequency?
Yeah, I'm curious about these deals, too. Very few people stay in hotels more than I do, but I've never been able to use a "one day" deal. I mean, even if you travel a lot, the statistical odds that you're going to be in a certain city on a certain day are near zero. And then you have to be willing to stay at that particular hotel.

So these posts seem like more of a travel curiosity than a practical "deal."
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, I'm curious about these deals, too. Very few people stay in hotels more than I do, but I've never been able to use a "one day" deal. I mean, even if you travel a lot, the statistical odds that you're going to be in a certain city on a certain day are near zero. And then you have to be willing to stay at that particular hotel.

So these posts seem like more of a travel curiosity than a practical "deal."
As with flash sales, non?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Firewind
As with flash sales, non?
Flash sales are generally another story. Like you can usually book the hotel/flight for many different nights. Like the odds are good that somebody will want a cheap room in Milan in March. But the odds aren't so good that somebody will want that room specifically on March 14.

It's just a shame that these crazy good hotel deals are only for one night. I certainly wouldn't devote any time to look for them. I think the time would be better spent, for example, looking for BRGs.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
thanks so much!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:58 am

iahphx

Flash sales are generally another story. Like you can usually book the hotel/flight for many different nights. Like the odds are good that somebody will want a cheap room in Milan in March. But the odds aren't so good that somebody will want that room specifically on March 14.

It's just a shame that these crazy good hotel deals are only for one night. I certainly wouldn't devote any time to look for them. I think the time would be better spent, for example, looking for BRGs.

Believe me any time I ''devote'' is not done to discover one night mistakes. They just happen to be a welcome by product of time spent finding more substantial longer term deals.

If you look at my history you will see that I have posted quite a few deals that involve longer stays at good quality hotels. Some of course have been honoured while others not. I am now almost fully booked up on bargains in Europe and beyond until Xmas 2014.

As far as one night deals go I feel there is a very good case to post them.
Let's say for example someone was considering visiting Barcelona in the spring on a weekend break . Up pops a Saturday night at a decent TA recommended 4 or 5 * hotel in May saving them maybe £100 or more.

It's £100 saved whatever way you look at it, and £100 can often more than cover a return LC airline flight from (for example) the UK.

These deals obviously would also appeal to anyone living within reasonable distance of the mistake. A couple of months ago I stumbled on a one night deal in an executive suite with club benefits in a town near me . It gave myself and a few mates a good place to stay with all the perks for £15 a room each....mind you we blew about a £100 each for the night on the town so still not that cheap! Note to self:- must find one night mistake rates with spending included..

OK I found that one myself but if somebody else had posted it on FT then I would be saying a big thank you.

You have talked about the ''statistical odds'' of being anywhere at any one time are but I do not see that this has any relevance what so ever to the posting of one night deals. You should look at it more in terms of the '' statistical odds'' that someone might want to visit a lovely or should I say wonderful (?) city like Copenhagen, maybe they have been thinking about it for years but staying in style is expensive there isn't it?, when hey presto somebody called Chokdee, who obviously has too much time on his hands, posts a rate at a half decent central hotel with savings of up to £150.

Well that covers most Low cost carrier European Airfares...ah maybe now would be a good time to go??

I do agree with you that one night mistakes will not be for everybody particularly if you are talking about one in Europe and you live in the US or Australia for example but I strongly believe that there is a good case to post them....even if only one person should get to benefit...

Anyway enough of that..so on to more important things and what this thread is all about.

Now I apologise that this one is for more than one night but since it is for just 5 nights I will post it here anyway...I think it best that we use ''the one stand'' bit in the title thread to mean maybe up to a few nights.

France-Kyriad Prestige Toulon – La Seyne Sur Mer

26/3-31/3 From £9 PN single occupation of a superior double.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/kyri...50e91f025fceX1

Last edited by chokdee; Nov 1, 2013 at 9:23 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by chokdee
Believe me any time I ''devote'' is not done to discover one night mistakes. They just happen to be a welcome by product of time spent finding more substantial longer term deals.

If you look at my history you will see that I have posted quite a few deals that involve longer stays at good quality hotels. Some of course have been honoured while others not. I am now almost fully booked up on bargains in Europe and beyond until Xmas 2014.

As far as one night deals go I feel there is a very good case to post them.
Let's say for example someone was considering visiting Barcelona in the spring on a weekend break . Up pops a Saturday night at a decent TA recommended 4 or 5 * hotel in May saving them maybe £100 or more.

It's £100 saved whatever way you look at it, and £100 can often more than cover a return LC airline flight from (for example) the UK.

These deals obviously would also appeal to anyone living within reasonable distance of the mistake. A couple of months ago I stumbled on a one night deal in an executive suite with club benefits in a town near me . It gave myself and a few mates a good place to stay with all the perks for £15 a room each....mind you we blew about a £100 each for the night on the town so still not that cheap! Note to self:- must find one night mistake rates with spending included..

OK I found that one myself but if somebody else had posted it on FT then I would be saying a big thank you.

You have talked about the ''statistical odds'' of being anywhere at any one time are but I do not see that this has any relevance what so ever to the posting of one night deals. You should look at it more in terms of the '' statistical odds'' that someone might want to visit a lovely or should I say wonderful (?) city like Copenhagen, maybe they have been thinking about it for years but staying in style is expensive there isn't it?, when hey presto somebody called Chokdee, who obviously has too much time on his hands, posts a rate at a half decent central hotel with savings of up to £150.

Well that covers most Low cost carrier European Airfares...ah maybe now would be a good time to go??

I do agree with you that one night mistakes will not be for everybody particularly if you are talking about one in Europe and you live in the US or Australia for example but I strongly believe that there is a good case to post them....even if only one person should get to benefit...

Anyway enough of that..so on to more important things and what this thread is all about.

Now I apologise that this one is for more than one night but since it is for just 5 nights I will post it here anyway...I think it best that we use ''the one stand'' bit in the title thread to mean maybe up to a few nights.

France-Kyriad Prestige Toulon – La Seyne Sur Mer

26/3-31/3 From £9 PN single occupation of a superior double.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/kyri...50e91f025fceX1
I agree wholeheartedly with Chockdee. Quite frankly I think Chockdee is still even too nice handling some of the comments in this thread and all others on Flyertalk. We are not here to provide one special person (although the people that post negative comments about these deals saying it doesn't work for them or requesting other dates might think they are special) with what they want, we share the great things we find so that for whomever it works can benefit from it. If you do not like this, go out and try to find them yourself. Then you will realize how much time goes into it and you will come back with your tail between your legs hoping that those great people that shared these deals are still willing to do so. And maybe, just maybe, you will have the decency to just say 'thank you'.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by BobKop
Quite frankly I think Chockdee is still even too nice handling some of the comments in this thread and all others on Flyertalk.
I'd like to second that. Thank you Chockdee for providing what I consider to be an extremely valuable thread. You are a shining example of what 'community' should be about.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stephann
I'd like to second that. Thank you Chockdee for providing what I consider to be an extremely valuable thread. You are a shining example of what 'community' should be about.
Oh, I think it's also great that these things get posted but -- as I speak from experience as a person who spends a crazy number of nights in hotels every year at little to no cost -- the statistical odds that these one-night-wonders will "work for you" are very, very tiny.

And that's before you get into the whole problem of getting a hotel to honor a $9 rate.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Oh, I think it's also great that these things get posted but -- as I speak from experience as a person who spends a crazy number of nights in hotels every year at little to no cost -- the statistical odds that these one-night-wonders will "work for you" are very, very tiny.

And that's before you get into the whole problem of getting a hotel to honor a $9 rate.
Just one slight error in your post ,change the ''work for you'' to a more exact ''work for me''.

The fact is you are not typical of the majority of people who happen to stay a decidedly ''un-crazy'' number of fully paid stays each year in hotel rooms.

You have to think outside your own box, very few people will lead your lifestyle, we do however fully understand that these rates are not for you.

As far as the stats go ,yes everyone is aware that the odds of honouring are against you, particularly where rates have gone viral on FT, but you know this really should be treated as ''the fun is in the chase''...if it doesn't happen ...so what.. move on to the next chase.

Once a deal has been posted I would say the odds of it being honoured go down from about 75-80 % to around 25-30%. Speaking from personal experience of course.

You really make it sound like such hard work booking up a mistake rate with words such as ''you get in to the whole problem''.

It really can be much more simple than that such as.....you book...they honour or they don't honour, you move on or send a couple of emails to fight your corner and then move on whatever the result.

It's only a problem if you want to make it one, everyone is free to choose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.