FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Hotel Opening Special Package from Hotel Nikko Saigon (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1273691-hotel-opening-special-package-hotel-nikko-saigon.html)

nikkosaigon Oct 28, 2011 12:33 am

Hotel Opening Special Package from Hotel Nikko Saigon

Hotel Nikko Saigon will open at December 18 2011. The Grand Open package is only from $120/night. You can check and book at this site

http://www.hotelnikkosaigon.com.vn/e...tail.php?id=82

tigone13 Oct 28, 2011 1:28 pm

$120/night? I don't considier this is a deal.

PETEFLYS Oct 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by tigone13 (Post 17352336)
$120/night? I don't considier this is a deal.

Well I guess you have not been booking 5 star hotels in HCMC city. Room rates there are pretty crazy considering eveything else in the country. I will just tell you that the Park Hyatt gets around 250 a night for a pre-pay rate and most rates are between 300-400. LOL The SHeraton is about the same so I would say that the 120 rate is probably like 50% off of what it will be after opening shakedowns....Yep Saigion not a cheap place to stay for sure.

pvdecastro Oct 28, 2011 5:36 pm

A quick search on Kayak in January shows the Sofitel at $142, the Sheraton at $180, the IC at 214 a.i. and the PH at $272.

As I never stayed at a Nikko before canīt really say if this is a deal or not.

jcmitchell21 Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by nikkosaigon (Post 17349559)
Hotel Nikko Saigon will open at December 18 2011. The Grand Open package is only from $120/night. You can check and book at this site

http://www.hotelnikkosaigon.com.vn/e...tail.php?id=82

Did anyone else notice the user who posted this?

chokdee Oct 28, 2011 9:26 pm

If visiting HCMC in December the Movenpick Hotel Saigon looks a great deal for 3 night bookings. Reasonably new Executive club rooms available including the following:-

Rooms are larger and offer a sitting area and ample workspace.

Guests are also entitled access to the Executive Lounge and its benefits.

# Daily buffet breakfast (all day tea & coffee service and nightly cocktails) at the Executive Lounge,
# Complimentary 4 pieces of laundry (except dry cleaning),
# Complimentary access to broadband internet,
# Flexible check-out until 4 pm (subject to prior advice and availability),
# Welcome fruit basket and daily newspaper

The price on Booking.com is approx 115 USD per night inclusive.(3 night min) Months other than December seem more expensive.

The Movenpick might not be ideal for all as it is away from the city centre(10 mins from airport) but it does get generally positive reviews.

tycosiao Oct 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21 (Post 17353625)
Did anyone else notice the user who posted this?

Now that you mentioned, I do notice that it is the property itself posting it.

It is all inclusive $120?

benzemalyonnais Oct 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 17354525)

+15 Tax+Service

It's crazy how much some people spend in VN these days.....

nikkosaigon Oct 29, 2011 6:03 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 17354525)

Dear friends,
This rate is exclusive. Everything in this hotel is new, so we will have new experience with a grand new hotel.
One more, these rooms are the biggest room in Ho Chi Minh City with 40 sqm for Deluxe King
You can see the image and description from here deluxe room

PETEFLYS Oct 29, 2011 8:11 am

yes the Hotel rates in District 1 for a chain hotel is just crazy and with the holiday season approaching check out a rate at the Park Hyatt or SHeraton Towers in Dec. You think your in New York LOL

nikkosaigon Nov 1, 2011 8:36 pm

One more information, this rate include free International Buffet Breakfast, 15% discount at La Brasserie and complimentary outdoor swimming pool, gym and sauna. I'm sure this is the reasonable rate. :)

Nikolaos Nov 1, 2011 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by nikkosaigon:17375344
One more information, this rate include free International Buffet Breakfast, 15% discount at La Brasserie and complimentary outdoor swimming pool, gym and sauna. I'm sure this is the reasonable rate. :)

If you are posting on behalf of the hotel, you might want to sign your posts indicating that!!

Also, you might keep in mind that this is a deal forum and not a place where hotels advertise their business!!

That said, I sincerely wish you a successful opening and thriving business!! I might drop by next summer.. ;)

lax2010 Nov 1, 2011 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by nikkosaigon (Post 17375344)

What is La Brasserie? Restaurant inside Nikko?

nikkosaigon Nov 1, 2011 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010 (Post 17375791)
What is La Brasserie? Restaurant inside Nikko?

Yes, it is lax2010. Western Restaurant.

mongobot Nov 4, 2011 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by nikkosaigon (Post 17375344)

Hi Nikkosaigon,

Above you mention that the rate includes free breakfast buffet. However, on the web link it states "one complimentary buffet breakfast". The inclusion of the word "one" is a little confusing. I am assuming that the breakfast buffet is free to registered guests for the duration of their stay - correct?