FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hotel Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals-607/)
-   -   Addison, TX Oktoberfest Rates Sept 15-18 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel-deals/1257814-addison-tx-oktoberfest-rates-sept-15-18-a.html)

janetdoe Sep 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Addison, TX Oktoberfest Rates Sept 15-18

http://www.addisontexas.net/Events/O...l_specials.asp

$49 HI
$50 HIX
$54 Courtyard

Price includes 2 tickets to Ocktoberfest ($20 value), $10 in food vouchers, and a $7 Souvenir mug filled with beer. You get the tickets and vouchers when you check in at the hotel.

Strictly speaking, not a mattress run rate, but a great deal if you like German food, beer, and polka bands. I guess if you were really trying to maximize your dollar, you could scalp the goodies at the gate for $20 or so. :D

MrHalliday Sep 11, 2011 2:43 pm

I went thru the link to HIX, it comes up $61.
Is there a code or something to get it to $50 ??

janetdoe Sep 11, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm not sure about the HIX...

Hampton had a code (OKT) that you could book to get the promo rate, but I had to call the front desk to get the code.

HGI was not bookable online, had to be booked through the front desk.

In this case, as far as I can tell, you are expected to call the hotel; this is a completely legit deal open to everyone.

MrHalliday Sep 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 17092020)
I'm not sure about the HIX... Hampton had a code (OKT) that you could book to get the promo rate, but I had to call the front desk to get the code. HGI was not bookable online, had to be booked through the front desk. In this case, as far as I can tell, you are expected to call the hotel; this is a completely legit deal open to everyone.

Okie Dokie, I saw nothing about calling the hotel, but a link.
Which begs the next question, will you get stay credit ?? :D

janetdoe Sep 11, 2011 4:23 pm

For Hilton, calling the hotel itself is one of the few ways you can get stay credit; the other is booking through a Hilton website or using a "real" travel agent who charges fees. :rolleyes:

The rates in Addison are usually rock bottom on Saturdays, so I would guess the 30% rule would still qualify this for Priority Club. There is a $61 rate for the HIX on Saturday the 17th with no special deals.

I think the Addison website leaves a lot to be desired, the links seem to take you to the hotel's main landing page, without embedding the link info. I thought it was just normal crappy Hilton website behavior...

But we always have fun at Oktoberfest, and we needed a couple of extra stays to hit Diamond. So... YMMV. ;)

MrHalliday Sep 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 17092387)
I think the Addison website leaves a lot to be desired, the links seem to take you to the hotel's main landing page, without embedding the link info. ...But we always have fun at Oktoberfest, and we needed a couple of extra stays to hit Diamond. So... YMMV. ;)

I haven't explored further, do you know
where the other discounts come from, the hotel, the front gate... ??

I do appreciate the link, because I had not heard of this Oktoberfest !!
Here in AUS we instinctively look south... :D

janetdoe Sep 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday (Post 17092411)
I haven't explored further, do you know
where the other discounts come from, the hotel, the front gate... ??

I do appreciate the link, because I had not heard of this Oktoberfest !!
Here in AUS we instinctively look south... :D

When we have done this in previous years, this is how it worked: When you check into the hotel, they give you a packet that has two admission tickets, 10 $1 food coupons (none of the food and drink vendors take cash, you have to buy coupons at the entrance gate) and a voucher redeemable at any beer stand for a souvenir mug full of beer. The mug gives you discount refills on beer after you finish the first one.

swag Sep 14, 2011 6:48 am

I have some coupons available good for free admission on Sunday; and for carnival rides on Thursday. If you can use them, send me a PM with your email address and which one you want.

aglp2k Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

HGI will be a good deal with MVP discount. $47+taxes ~$54