Wiki Posts
Search

Discover America 2011 - hotel deal promos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Discover America 2011 - hotel deal promos

A thread has been started on this in the SPAM forum, but I wanted to post it here because so many of us get great hotel deals (and other travel deals) during last year's run.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...l#post16031276

Hardly a month goes by when I don't use my Discover America "prizes." I think my favorite was the Choice Hotel points that few wanted, but are extremely valuable in certain cities. I bought about 6 different deals in all. I hope there's some good value offers this year, too.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 8:03 pm

Thanks for posting this here, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:22 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Brilliant! I got a steal of a deal last year and am delighted to see the promo coming back!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: * A
I am ready with the Amex(s) Can't miss out on the great deals... last year got frozen in africa
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx
A thread has been started on this in the SPAM forum, but I wanted to post it here because so many of us get great hotel deals (and other travel deals) during last year's run.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...l#post16031276

Hardly a month goes by when I don't use my Discover America "prizes." I think my favorite was the Choice Hotel points that few wanted, but are extremely valuable in certain cities. I bought about 6 different deals in all. I hope there's some good value offers this year, too.
Thanks for the reminder. I loved it last year -- and yes, I bought a lot of points netting me (still) $250/night rooms for around $35 per night.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Various
Hooray! Thanks for posting this - I loved this deal last year, and I would have missed it in the SPAM forum.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:19 pm

Thanks for posting. My wife and I are in the middle of planning a trip to the states so will be looking into this asap
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by srodney
Thanks for posting. My wife and I are in the middle of planning a trip to the states so will be looking into this asap
Plan accordingly:

"Any U.S. resident 18 or older with a major credit card is able to purchase from the inventory of specially priced travel products offered by 30 leading travel companies related to destinations, hotels, airlines, rental cars, attractions and theme parks, dining, shopping, and gaming locales among others."

Yes, it is odd that this is officially limited to US residents only.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by srodney
Watch the rules because, last time, I think the deals were restricted to N. Americans (not sure if there were workarounds).
Old Mar 29, 2011, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iahphx
Watch the rules because, last time, I think the deals were restricted to N. Americans (not sure if there were workarounds).
Workarounds are usually having a CC/DC with a U.S. billing address...
Old Mar 29, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Workarounds are usually having a CC/DC with a U.S. billing address...
And perhaps a US shipping address. Some items may require actual shipping of certificates or GCs.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
So April has come but I don't see any news about this one...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by iggyray
So April has come but I don't see any news about this one...
"Preview week starts April 4"
Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Silver VIP, Delta Skymiles, USAirways
Thanks for this....I remember that there was 'something' America that started in April, but couldn't find it!
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:51 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
1st 2 weeks are up for preview

All sorts of offers, but hotel-related ones are Marriott gift cards 100$-up- 20% off, 24K Hyatt pts for $225, 40K Choice points for $150 and up to 7 free nites at Country Inns/Suites for $50 nite or 3 free nites @Radisson for $80 nite. The prices I listed include 10% off when you use Amex. Most of the pts offers they listed were for categories/certain properties within their company but they just give you points; you have up to 2 years to use them if I read it right. The Marriot gift cards and the Carlson free nites have no expiration date. You can sign up for any of the deals you see now and they will e-mail you when it's available to purchase. https://dailygetaways.discoveramerica.com/Default.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.