Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Expedia ASAP Daily

Expedia ASAP Daily

Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Expedia ASAP Daily

Expedia has daily deal 50% off called A Sudden Amazing Price. Today's deal was 4 **** Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix.
http://www.expedia.com/daily/deals/v...?pmicid=255345

More information on Expedia website.

Expedia ASAP™ Terms and Conditions
Expedia ASAP™ offers are only available at participating hotels and may vary by length of stay. Expedia ASAP™ offers are only valid for bookings from 9:00 AM (PST) through 8:59 PM (PST) on 3/25/2011, for travel completed by 9/10/2011. Discounts are from Expedia's every day rates for the participating hotels and will be subtracted from the price of the hotel at the time of booking on Expedia.com. The discount will be applied to the total hotel price, excluding taxes and other fees. Expedia ASAP™ offers are subject to availability and may be discontinued without notice. Additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This place isn't 4* and all of PHX will be on sale after Spring training ends.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone found any notable deals through this feature? I've looked a couple of times, but have yawned at what I found.

If you do like the deal, do any of the Expedia discount codes work on them?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Today's deal was Hyatt Bonaventure. Stayed on a great weekend rate in summer, so not sure if comparable to now.

http://www.expedia.com/daily/deals/v...?pmicid=255336
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Today's deal - Contessa Riverwalk Suites in San Antonio. My question is, can you combine these with Expedia 50 or promos like FROST11?
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
New code on 44% off on 4 night stay and 5-15% more

Take 44% off a 4 night hotel stay PLUS get an additional 5-15% off by using the exclusive AARP member coupon code TRAVEL2011. Now that's a deal!
This has to be booked through AARP travel powered by Expedia.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Mar 31, 2011 at 1:15 pm
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Take 44% off a 4 night hotel stay PLUS get an additional 5-15% off by using the exclusive AARP member coupon code TRAVEL2011. Now that's a deal!
Naming the site would be nice. Not working for expedia.com
Old Mar 31, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by iggyray
Naming the site would be nice. Not working for expedia.com
Sorry I corrected it, it's through AARP Travel powered by Expedia.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DeltaMM
I think I am possibly having a senior moment and am missing something. Is there a code somewhere to get the 44% off for four days? I am working a booking on AARP, and all you get is 5% off with the TRAVEL2011 code. Here's what is says...

Extended Hotel Sale - Save an Additional 5% off our Already Low Rates
For a limited time, you can save an additional 5%* when you book at the AARP Travel Center powered by Expedia.

NEVER MIND! Figured out you need a separate AARP travel login to see the 44% promo. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by krobbins; Mar 31, 2011 at 4:36 pm
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:35 pm

Okay, not never mind. I am logged in to the AARP/Exp site and it shows the 44% promo if you stay four nights, but I can't get the system to take the 44% off. I double checked the website of the property I am trying to book, and the AARP rate before any discount is identical. I am all the way to the paying stage, and it still shows the original, non-discounted rate. I am plainly missing the boat here. Anyone???
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:43 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Do you mean the spring offer, amongst others, 44% off for 4 nights?

http://www.expedia-aarp.com/daily/pr...le/default.asp

If oyu find something here, with the code provided, you will get an additional 5%.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 4:52 pm

I'm not having any trouble with the 5% code. It comes off fine. What I can't get it to do is take the 44% off of the 4 nights. I'm probably looking right at the code for that and not seeing it, but if anyone can enlighten me, it would be appreciated.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 5:42 pm

Okay, now I am just laughing. I am on the phone with AARP/Exp and the person has now told me that "Book by April 20" means that I can ONLY book on April 20. "So it says April 20, so that is the perfect day for you can book this deal." Okay, so now the fine points of language for the non-native speaker/outsourced call center come into play.

So, dear FTers, am I crazy? Does "Book by April 20" mean book up to and including April 20 or does it mean you can only book on April 20? This is the second person I've talked to that has told me this, and now they are searching for a supervisor. I'm not sure 44% off is worth the hassle at this point.

If anyone IS successful in getting this, please post here!

Also, I'm not really sure that this thread is the best place for this AARP code -I just lucked onto it, but it doesn't have anything to do with the Expedia ASAP promo as far as I can tell. Of course, plainly I am missing a cog somehow tonight.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
As I posted yesterday morning, the "44% off" is part of the Spring Sale. Rates already reflect the savings like standard third-party promotions do, but the code will take off an extra few percent. Why this was posted in the same forum twice is beyond me.

T&Cs:
Special offers are only available at participating hotels. Prices shown above include applicable discount. Hotel savings are based upon AARP Travel Center powered by Expedia's everyday hotel rates, excluding taxes and other fees. Minimum stay may be required. Sample air/hotel packages above include 2-4 nights' accommodation plus roundtrip air for travel March 15 through May 15, 2011. Sample air/hotel package prices are per person, based upon double occupancy, with departure from Chicago, New York, Seattle or Dallas; however, package prices vary by date, departure city, and availability. Sample air/hotel package prices include taxes and fees. Offers are subject to availability and may be discontinued without notice. Additional restrictions and blackout dates may apply.

[I bolded for emphasis.]
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:19 am

I know that it says that the 44% is reflected in the listed price; however, in the case of the two properties I looked at, that is not the case. The price on AARP/Expedia is exactly the same as the price on the hotel websites. Exactly. The prices did not change regardless of the number of nights I attempted to book, and if the discounts were reflected in the posted price, they should have changed depending on the number of nights (less per night the more nights you book (22,33,44%). I was told by CS reps that the two hotels did not participate, but they are in the drop down menu on the sale page. I even attempted to book the exact "sample dates" for the hotels. If nothing else, I figured the sample dates would be available. No discount. At this point, I have given up. If anyone IS successful, please post and let all of us know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.