[EXPIRED] Sheraton Crescent (Phoenix, AZ) for $39

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver

Similar to the Four Points deal being discussed here, the Sheraton Crescent is now offering a Friends & Family rate on their site for only $39.

I am using this to get my 25th stay this for the year. Fingers crossed that it posts without any hassles.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:51 pm

only works until Dec 31, 2009. Too late to plan anything.

Originally Posted by MarshKing
Similar to the Four Points deal being discussed here, the Sheraton Crescent is now offering a Friends & Family rate on their site for only $39.

I am using this to get my 25th stay this for the year. Fingers crossed that it posts without any hassles.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
didnt someone say family and friends did not get the stay credit?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 2:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by aussielori
Starwood Lurker confirmed that the friends and family rate on that particular promo is an eligible rate. It appears that there has been some confusion at the SPG end as to whether this should have counted or not.

It should be eligible, but you may have to push to get credit.

There was a similar Florida friends and family rate promo this summer that I used at a couple of properties and they posted with no problems.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:10 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by aussielori
I had problems getting the points and credit and had quite a few email exchanges until I finally got someone who knew what they were doing and the reply included the following
...Please be assured that all agents involved will be re-trained on policies and procedures in regards to Starfriend rate and Family and Friends rate....
See the Four Points PHX thread and this post for more info.

$39 ($43.79 AI) is a fantastic deal. However the club lounge has been closed sometimes in the evening recently and they give you an IMO inadequate $15 F&B credit voucher instead. They also add a 18% service charge to the bill which is not covered by the voucher. I refused to pay it, but that is a different story.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Dec 24, 2009 at 6:52 am
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
... I refused to pay it, but that is a different story.
Do tell that story - inquiring minds want to know!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I checked in a few hours ago and was told that my rate (the one quoted here) absolutely did not qualify for points/stay credit. Guess I'll have to fight it. Planning to charge something small to the room to force a points credit.

Also has an innop ice maker on the 8th floor. I had asked for a mini-fridge since the room has none and was told it would be $20 per day. I said I'd be happy with using ice to cool beverages, but I wasn't going to go up and down floors each time I wanted ice. They brought up a mini-fridge about twenty minutes later.

Just a club floor upgrade, but it looks like that's all that is available. And for $39, I can't say I expect much more.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by vysean
I checked in a few hours ago and was told that my rate (the one quoted here) absolutely did not qualify for points/stay credit. Guess I'll have to fight it.
I ended up having 2 stays, neither of which received stay credit. I spent an hour on the phone with (an outstanding) Platinum Concierge to get it sorted out, and he spoke to several people at the hotel who kept saying that the stay would not earn credit. Long story short, Starwood Lurker came to the rescue and coordinated with the Platinum Concierge to get the stays posted. (Thanks again, William!)
Old Jan 1, 2010, 11:28 am
Suspended

$39 ($43.79 AI) is a fantastic deal.

they give you an IMO inadequate $15 F&B credit voucher instead.
So, I just wanted to clarify: you think a $15 F&B credit voucher on a $39 room is "inadequate?" If we are, indeed, on the same wavelength, mind if I ask why you think the voucher is inadequate?

(Keep in mind, club lounges aren't even required by Starwood/SPG (they are an "extra" voluntary amenity provided by the property).)

I would have been thrilled with a $5 voucher.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Originally Posted by MarshKing
I ended up having 2 stays, neither of which received stay credit. I spent an hour on the phone with (an outstanding) Platinum Concierge to get it sorted out, and he spoke to several people at the hotel who kept saying that the stay would not earn credit. Long story short, Starwood Lurker came to the rescue and coordinated with the Platinum Concierge to get the stays posted. (Thanks again, William!)
Thanks for the post MarshKing - -good to know that yours worked. I waited two weeks for mine to be revised - - after speaking practically daily to various hotel staff members, 3 different Plat Concierge reps, one email to SPG's customer service...

all to end with a RUDE conversation with an SPG Plat Concierge NYE telling me that my stay did NOT qualify. (Needless to say, I booked another night yesterday...)

Ugh! I should have just emailed William... maybe I'll do that now.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:57 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
So, I just wanted to clarify: you think a $15 F&B credit voucher on a $39 room is "inadequate?" ...
The lounge benefit is a Platinum benefit which is irrespective of the rate paid. Even if someone paid for a room with executive lounge access they were only offering the $15 credit. BTW, I paid the Starpicks $59 rate a few weeks ago before the $39 was offered.
Originally Posted by FedUp2
Do tell that story - inquiring minds want to know!
Sorry for taking so long to respond but I will be opening a new thread on it and will post here the link.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jan 4, 2010 at 3:37 am
Old Jan 2, 2010, 2:00 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by travelista
Thanks for the post MarshKing - -good to know that yours worked. I waited two weeks for mine to be revised - - after speaking practically daily to various hotel staff members, 3 different Plat Concierge reps, one email to SPG's customer service...

all to end with a RUDE conversation with an SPG Plat Concierge NYE telling me that my stay did NOT qualify. (Needless to say, I booked another night yesterday...)

Ugh! I should have just emailed William... maybe I'll do that now.

Thanks!
I had a similar fight but finally found someone who knew what they were doing. It looks like our Lurkers have their work cut out for them when they return from the holidays and/or military service.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Jan 2, 2010 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:11 pm
Suspended

The lounge benefit is a Platinum benefit which is irrespective of the rate paid. Even if someone paid for a room with executive lounge access they were only offering the $15 credit.
True, but lounges are a voluntary amenity. Starwood does not require lounges. So, if I was on a $39 rate, I would think that any voucher would be above & beyond the call of duty.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:16 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
True, but lounges are a voluntary amenity. Starwood does not require lounges.....
If I am wrong I welcome the correction but I believe that lounges are part of the Sheraton brand standard.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:34 pm
Suspended

If I am wrong I welcome the correction but I believe that lounges are part of the Sheraton brand standard.
Yes, that would be 100% incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.