Reload this Page >

Expedia brg tips and results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia brg tips and results

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:17 am

excuse me,can anyone explain me what this best rate programs is?and why we should use it?i'm not a pro!thank you for helping me!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:36 am

excuse me for this question,but if i can do that everytime(3 times a month on expedia,but also in other brg),that means i can stay for free in hotels every time using this tips and coupons,am i right?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Just got rejected for an Expedia BRG. They said the rate at getaroom.com was not in US Dollars. Well, the screenshot I sent them was in USD and no other currency was ever published on the getaroom website.

I think the reviewer at Expedia didn't even bother to look but saw the property was outside the US and assumed that would be the reason for rejection.

I used to successful with the Expedia BRG on a regular basis. It's now evolved into nothing more than a marketing ploy. No worries, I'll cancel the Expedia reservation without penalty and continue to not take them seriously as a booking site.

UPDATE: I submitted an appeal right after I received this denial. Today, 17 days later, I got a reply and approval. As they now require you to pay the higher rate and then submit paperwork after the stay to receive the $50 voucher, I have decided to pass on this bureaucracy. The rate difference was over $100 and I'm not going to pay the substantially higher rate and risk complications or issues after the stay is completed. I'm sticking with the reservation I have from Getaroom at the much lower rate.

I'm done with the Expedia BRG. It was good while it lasted!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Feb 9, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:27 pm

All of my Expedia BRGs are outside the US and they rarely have difficulty getting approved. Just got six approved in India yesterday and today.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by midoben
excuse me for this question,but if i can do that everytime(3 times a month on expedia,but also in other brg),that means i can stay for free in hotels every time using this tips and coupons,am i right?
Back in the day when you could get a $50 coupon that was valid for any booking and Expedia even let you cancel your underlying booking, you could essentially stay in any hotel under $50 for just the taxes if you were willing to do the leg work.

What exists today basically gets you $50 off your next stay over $100 when you pay full price for your first stay and are able to match to a lower price after booking.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by ryanthekiwi
Back in the day when you could get a $50 coupon that was valid for any booking and Expedia even let you cancel your underlying booking, you could essentially stay in any hotel under $50 for just the taxes if you were willing to do the leg work.

What exists today basically gets you $50 off your next stay over $100 when you pay full price for your first stay and are able to match to a lower price after booking.
thanks for answering me ,but i red in an post that i can use this $50 coupon to pay my next stay even if it is under $100
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:59 pm

I got dissconnected the first time, and the second call took about 20 minutes.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:35 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
a question regarding the 50$ vouchers ?

Is the limit 3 vouchers "generated" per months our receive 3 vouchers per months ?

Limit:
One (1) $50 coupon per entire booking
Three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer or the number of bookings made by the customer).
which month does count ? the month when one makes the best price claim or the month when you actually stay at the hotel with a bpg or the months the voucher is deposited into the account ?

back 2 back bookings are not allowed i guess ?

Last edited by cln; Jun 9, 2016 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:29 am
cln

Let's say for example you have 4 reservations within one month, all four will qualify and if approved, only 3 will receive a $50.00 coupon per entire booking. The 4th one will receive a refund but not a coupon.

Thank You,

^RB
official answer on facebook..

that doesn't really help me though...
anyone able to clarify ?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:13 am

i already book on Expedia.com and submit on BRG application.
Expedia have approved your request and processed your refund of different cost and Expedia will add a $50 Best Price Guarantee Coupon to my account.
If i cancel the stay, i will not receive the $50 coupon? Or you will have the way to keep the $50 coupon ?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:48 am
cln

Of course u won't get the 50 usd voucher if u don't stay
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:26 pm

We are travelling to Asia in Sep 2016. I made 5 x BRG claims with expedia.ca (TDforexpedia.com) in June and all were accepted with 3 claims that included a $50 coupon. I made another 2 BRG claims in July 2016. They were accepted but no $50 coupon. I called expedia and was told that the maximum 3 coupons are based on when you earned it (month of hotel stay) rather than when my claim was accepted. Is this your understanding? This is what the terms say:

Limit: one (1) CAD $50 coupon per entire booking, and three (3) coupons per customer per calendar month (regardless of the number of accounts used by the customer).

Also, can husband and wife each have an expedia account to earn 6 x $50 coupons per calendar month?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by yeungman
We are travelling to Asia in Sep 2016. I made 5 x BRG claims with expedia.ca (TDforexpedia.com) in June and all were accepted with 3 claims that included a $50 coupon.
That's amazing. Would you mind sharing some tips (on how to make successful claims? Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by doubleaxel
That's amazing. Would you mind sharing some tips (on how to make successful claims? Thank you.
I only look at travelocity.ca. If the rate at travelocity.ca is lower than expedia.ca, my BRG claims are always accepted. I tried flightnetwork.com and my claim was rejected.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by yeungman
I only look at travelocity.ca. If the rate at travelocity.ca is lower than expedia.ca, my BRG claims are always accepted. I tried flightnetwork.com and my claim was rejected.
Thanks a lot. But these days the prices on travelocity and expedia are always the same ... which makes it v. difficult! If you have any further tips, please do let me know! Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.