Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia brg tips and results

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by seacliffs

Having said that, the newest glitch is that although the coupons post to my account, when I try to use them, I get an error message stating that they have already been used. Then, to get the coupons to work, I have to call Expedia and spend about 30 minutes on the phone (per coupon) as they work through the glitch. It's a pain in the tuckus, but I'm back in the hotel I want for a price I can afford - so - now worries.
You should use a different credit card for each coupon.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by al613
You should use a different credit card for each coupon.
You mean use ALL the coupons with a single different card than you originally had on the account when u earned the coupons?

If u have 5 coupons, you don't need 5 different credit cards, right?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by frankiwa
You mean use ALL the coupons with a different card than you originally had on the account when u earned the coupons?

i assume you can use 1 credit card on 1 brg coupon. thats it. so: 5 coupons = 5 credit card numbers.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
You mean use ALL the coupons with a single different card than you originally had on the account when u earned the coupons?

5 different cards. Don't you have them from refer-a-friend already?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
i assume you can use 1 credit card on 1 brg coupon. thats it. so: 5 coupons = 5 credit card numbers.
No way. That is ludicrous if that really is their policy.

Last edited by frankiwa; Jan 11, 2010 at 10:00 pm
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA
No way. That is ludicrous if that really is their policy.
So strange. Two coupons required me to call, and then the last one didn't. I think it's a "glitch" on their side. Good idea with the different credit cards though - I'll try that if it happens again.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 9:08 pm

I call in today for BRG but they give me a coupon that will not active until Oct 14,2010. Is this something new? Because the coupon I got last week was available to use right away.

Any one have this experience? I'm thinking about call them and have them change the active date.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:13 am

Travelbug, have you had a long history of getting these BPGs? I would be tempted to call also, because what I have been told is that the BPG is good for one year, so what one year period would yours be good for?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:15 am

Expedia and Travelocity

My Expedia rate says "One or two queen beds".

The Travelocity rate allows you to choose a room with 1 queen bed, or a room with 2 queen beds, either for the same price, and it is $7 cheaper per night than Expedia.

Would Expedia disqualify this for the BPG?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by travelbug2225
I call in today for BRG but they give me a coupon that will not active until Oct 14,2010. Is this something new? Because the coupon I got last week was available to use right away.

Any one have this experience? I'm thinking about call them and have them change the active date.
Just curious, what is the travel date of the hotel you used to get the BRG?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
my latest is a coupon that was "dropped" that never showed up - twice. The 3rd call they said I had too many coupons in my account (3) and couldn't drop it so I needed to open a new account (???) which I did....and it dropped.

weirdness.....

I have a coupon I can't use also, its listed but not accessible. I think there are probably a dozen "glitches" with the brg coupon drop, and I intend to experience them all
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by redreeper
my latest is a coupon that was "dropped" that never showed up - twice. The 3rd call they said I had too many coupons in my account (3) and couldn't drop it so I needed to open a new account (???) which I did....and it dropped.

weirdness.....

I have a coupon I can't use also, its listed but not accessible. I think there are probably a dozen "glitches" with the brg coupon drop, and I intend to experience them all
Ugh..So now, if you have 3 coupons (which i do), you have to use 3 diffierent credit cards (as noted above) and/or open 3 new expedia accounts.

Weird

Not looking forward to using my coupons.

Last edited by frankiwa; Jan 15, 2010 at 10:25 am
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Ugh..So now, if you have 3 coupons (which i do), you have to use 3 diffierent credit cards (as noted above) and/or open 3 new expedia accounts.

Weird

Not looking forward to using my coupons.
Not neccessarily....

I recently used 2 coupons from 6 stored in my account with the same CC - no problem.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:17 pm
Pup

Originally Posted by redreeper
Were the three coupons received in the same month as the fourth that wouldn't drop? There's a limit to three BRG coupons a month, so that might explain it.

I have four unused ones sitting in my account at the same time right now, so it's at least possible for some accounts to have more than three at a time, but I received them in two different months.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Pup
Were the three coupons received in the same month as the fourth that wouldn't drop? There's a limit to three BRG coupons a month, so that might explain it.
I think the 3 coupon/month rule applies to receiving the coupons, not using them.

Like...they will only give you 3 coupons/month, but you can redeem more than 3 coupons in a single month if you have enough coupons in your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.