Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
If you would have read the thread, you would have your answer
I had the same question...but did not want to sift through 2200+ posts for the answer.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by diabolicNYC
I had the same question...but did not want to sift through 2200+ posts for the answer.
In fact, reading the thread you would have discovered that the specific answer for your question does not exist, but you could desume many more interesting things (also related to your question) than simply questioning directly.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cape Town Park Inn, Radisson Blu Waterfront, and Radisson Blu Le Vendome, all nice places, all worked well with the F&F.

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Radisson Blu Amsterdam: Nice place, no problem with the F&F rate.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:19 pm

if they just need a name and work location, can't you just google a Radisson's employee name and work place and provide when check in?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by ecgz88
if they just need a name and work location, can't you just google a Radisson's employee name and work place and provide when check in?
Why didn't i think of that? Maybe a wedding planner who's been around with the company for years...?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
............................... ! ! !

even if I have to admit that recently I've seen that name verification has become more frequent and more in detail.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:10 am

Ha, I wonder if we can "trade" for a CC Friend/employee in the Coupon Connection forum ;-)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:57 am

Just curious if anyone here has been turned away, on the basis that they did not have a qualifying "friend"?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by charlievb
Just curious if anyone here has been turned away, on the basis that they did not have a qualifying "friend"?
The thread has all the info you need.
in any case, you will not be "turned away" but you'll be required to pay the full rate (that can be very expensive!)
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by charlievb
No, because I say or refer to the name on the business card I was given by the front desk person who checked me in for my last stay, or that I picked up from a business card holder on the counter at another Carlson hotel. @:-)

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 5, 2015 at 5:58 pm
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
The thread has all the info you need.
in any case, you will not be "turned away" but you'll be required to pay the full rate (that can be very expensive!)
Hardly required.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Hardly required.
Exactly the opposite

Except for the case in which you are still within the deadline cancellation term (usually set at 4pm same day), so you can easily cancel your reservation without any penalty. Except for the fact you have to find another accomodation.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:56 am

Radisson Blu Split, Croatia - no questions asked
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat
Radisson Blu Split, Croatia - no questions asked
Positive/negative impressions of this property would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.