Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Vlntn
Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport. Good hotel for an overnight airport layover, but if you want to do some sightseeing I'd recommend staying in one of the hotels downtown!
Really? Train runs direct from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal regularly and takes no more than 20 minutes, for less than EUR4 in change. It has to be one of the better airport2city connections in the world.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
I stayed at the Radisson Blu Hotel Berlin at the weekend. No questions, no problems. Great hotel, breakfast was included.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Originally Posted by Enigma
Really? Train runs direct from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal regularly and takes no more than 20 minutes, for less than EUR4 in change. It has to be one of the better airport2city connections in the world.
Yes, but I agree that one of the central Amsterdam properties would be more convenient for sightseeing (getting to/from the station on both ends would probably make it closer to 40-60 minutes instead of 20.) The Park Plaza Victoria is directly across from the train station, so you would only be 20 minutes from the airport at the same price as the airport hotel.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: A3*G, FB Gold, EB
Has anyone used the FF rate at the Radisson Blu in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Enigma
Absolutely true, but the Park Plaza unfortunately isn't at the airport itself. It's located between Badhoevedorp and Zwanenburg, a 15-minute shuttle ride to the Airport (Or a 30-minute tram ride to Amsterdam). So for sightseeing, the Park Plaza Victoria or the Radisson Blu Amsterdam might be more convenient. Apart from that, Schiphol-Amsterdam by train is a great connection :-)!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Looking forward to a stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank London! Never ever crossed my mind to stay at this place until the amazing Ł68 a night FF rate! Unbeatable for London!

Plus a nice surprise:

- Buffet Breakast and VAT included ^
- 25% discount on food and beverage (excluding alcohol) in the all day restaurant ^
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Looking forward to a stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank London! Never ever crossed my mind to stay at this place until the amazing Ł68 a night FF rate! Unbeatable for London!

Plus a nice surprise:

- Buffet Breakast and VAT included ^
- 25% discount on food and beverage (excluding alcohol) in the all day restaurant ^
I couldn't get the Riverbank for my dates, the Park Plaza Victoria was available though... I think I'll have to meet someone at a Radisson somewhere.... I already have a reservation for Bergen Norway....
Old Dec 18, 2011, 4:13 am

I'm going to cancel a 3 days reservation in Paris (27/12-30/12)... Very sad...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:42 am

Just completed a stay at the Cebu property. Was only there overnight but nice rooms, good decor and staff friendly enough. Overall, good value. Views out of front facing rooms may be better though. Also got a coupon for 50% off at the bar. Breafast looked good though I didn't indulge as I was in a rush. It's not included in the rate.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Vlntn
Absolutely true, but the Park Plaza unfortunately isn't at the airport itself. It's located between Badhoevedorp and Zwanenburg, a 15-minute shuttle ride to the Airport (Or a 30-minute tram ride to Amsterdam). So for sightseeing, the Park Plaza Victoria or the Radisson Blu Amsterdam might be more convenient. Apart from that, Schiphol-Amsterdam by train is a great connection :-)!
I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Schiphol on an MR for one night using the F&F rate and I liked it. Can't really go wrong for 80 EUR. I was asked to provide my friend's name and hotel upon check-in. I'd agree if I was sightseeing in town I'd probably stay at the Park Plaza Victoria out of the Carlson hotels too. The Crowne Plaza nearby is pretty good but a bit pricey in comparison.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:00 pm

First off -- thank you OP!

Stayed for a week at Radisson Blu Bosphorus in Istanbul on FF rate in November. 80 euros/night and included buffet breakfast every morning. Was not asked for friend/employee name or hotel. Very nice introductory first stay at Radisson! Would stay again!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Where do you put the code in?

Tried booking on the Carlsson site but couldn't see where to enter this code. Appreciate finding out.
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by larrythai
Tried booking on the Carlsson site but couldn't see where to enter this code. Appreciate finding out.
Thanks
It depends on which site you're on but it's always labelled Promotion Code or similar. If you can't see it on a booking form look for a link that says More Options and enter it there.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
asking for name of friend

I have an upcoming stay in AMS. I want to be ready if they ask for my friends name. Do I just need to provide the name and what hotel they work at? Any additional details would be helpful.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:43 pm

I work for Carlson and I've been trying to book two nights in London in January using this rate for a while and no matter what dates/hotel I try I can't find any eligible at all! I've never been able to find availability. Anybody have any luck for January bookings in London?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.