Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely you will not be asked to prove anything - just to provide the name and work location of your "friend".
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:14 am
Suspended

Anyone used this rate in Sydney, Australia? Was thinking of booking it for an upcoming trip.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by mcbg1
Anyone used this rate in Sydney, Australia? Was thinking of booking it for an upcoming trip.
Yes used it December 15...Was asked for friends name on arrival at check-in. No breakfast included...Radisson Plaza, O'Connell Street...Great hotel and short walk to Sydneys main sites....
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bill49mpr
Yes used it December 15...Was asked for friends name on arrival at check-in. No breakfast included...Radisson Plaza, O'Connell Street...Great hotel and short walk to Sydneys main sites....
Thanks. Was able to book the Radisson Suites on Liverpool. Breakfast seems to be included with the rate.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
May be noted elsewhere before, but I just shot myself in the foot by cancelling a 2 room 1 night reservation because I wanted two separate bookings and the inventory did not back Will keep checking but I think it will not go back for the day I cancelled.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:16 pm

Anyone have connections that would allow us to become friends?

And in turn, benefit from my connections?

We can definitely discuss something Would only need a single stay, not sure if the people from previous pages have had any luck.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S
I am also searching for Employee name from Carlson group.

can somebody help me about that ? pls PM me :-)

thanks in advance

and also did anybody use this rate in South africa and Ontario, CA,USA hotels ?

any problem so far ?

Last edited by mandilmos; Mar 18, 2017 at 12:13 pm
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:58 pm

Any recent experiences with the Radisson Waterfront Stockholm?

Would also be thankful if someone could provide me with an employee name from the Carlson group
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:30 am

Any recent attempts in Boston? The last mention of it was from before '11. Also had no issues in Dublin back in Jan at the RadissonBlu. They actually even upgraded us for free and let us check in hours early.

Last edited by TravelingNomads; Apr 10, 2017 at 6:57 am
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
A reference point-
Stayed at the G&V Royal Mile in Edinburgh last week. Great stay, great location with an excellent breakfast. Was NOT asked for friend upon check in
Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Accorhotels
Stuttgart

Hello!Has anyone stayed at Park inn in Stuttgart and used f&f code?Did you asked for an employees name?if you have one please send me a pm.Thank you a lot
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire, CA Gold
Originally Posted by mandilmos
I am also searching for Employee name from Carlson group.

can somebody help me about that ? pls PM me :-)

thanks in advance

and also did anybody use this rate in South africa and Ontario, CA,USA hotels ?

any problem so far ?
Try to find it in Chinese website called Taobao@:-)@:-)@:-)
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:40 am

Funny I got asked for friend's name at Country Inn Sunnyvale, California

Got some Gold perks - chips, water, juice, chocolate
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
just returned from radisson grand brussel easter weekend at F&F rate, was asked for name, location and email of the referal upon check in, provided it and no question asked since departure.

but still look for a referal for radisson nantes in june since the hotel is asking for a email sent from a existing radisson account - would like to offer ... something if somebody can help with successful verification cheers from munich
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:20 am

I stayed at a property a few weeks back using this F&F rate. I gave an employee details, they reached out to him and he could not verify he knew me, he did know of me actually, vaguely, though must have said otherwise. The property now plan to charge me the full rack amount having been accepted on this rate and long since charged. Is there any recourse? Had I known I had to involve the employee in the booking I wouldn't have done so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.