Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
G&V Royal Mile

Has anyone recently stayed at the G&V Royal Mile Edinburgh? Have any issues with checking in with the F/F rate? I have an upcoming stay in April. Any comments with regards to the hotel itself and location too would be appreciated.

Interesting tidbit- I checked my reservation on line and there was an Upgrade box so I checked it. It said proceeding would reduce my current rate. It was booked at 102GBP which I guess was the equivalent of 115 euros (rate for this hotel). The lower rate showed as 98GBP probably the now conversion to 115 euros. They sent me an auto email but the rate still says 102GBP and now the Upgrade box is gone if I go back into my reservation. Not sure what that whole transaction was all about.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:51 pm

Anyone have any experience at Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport (Richmond, BC)? Looking to book 4 nights in January; not sure how the friend and family rate works.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:59 am

Thumbs up

G and V hotel Edinburgh...stayed here 2 nights 3 and 4 December...wasnt asked re my family/friends contact. Beautiful modern hotel, minutes from Castle and surrounded by restaurants and bars...Top quality products, linens etc and super friendly staff. Small breakfast buffet with a main choice served to table. Also on buffet is premium vodka and bloody mary mix for that hair of the dog after sampling Edinburghs famous hospitality the night before...
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by bill49mpr
G and V hotel Edinburgh...stayed here 2 nights 3 and 4 December...wasnt asked re my family/friends contact. Beautiful modern hotel, minutes from Castle and surrounded by restaurants and bars...Top quality products, linens etc and super friendly staff. Small breakfast buffet with a main choice served to table. Also on buffet is premium vodka and bloody mary mix for that hair of the dog after sampling Edinburghs famous hospitality the night before...
Thanks for the feedback/information. Interesting to hear they have vodka as part of the buffet. They included the breakfast as part of the F/F rate I assume?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:17 am

...yes breakfast included as part of F and F rate...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
can anyone advise best radissons in europe that accept the f and f rate ?
thanks
Old Jan 26, 2017, 8:49 am

Any problems at the Radisson RADISSON BLU STRAND HOTEL, STOCKHOLM or Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda ???

Any Carlson employees willing to PM me ?

Last edited by Shawn S; Jan 26, 2017 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 30, 2017, 4:07 am

just booked 2 nights F&F rate for Radisson blu Nantes received an email from Hotel to provice contact Information from a valid rezidor email adress.

isnt that against the Terms and conditions?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by puj81
just booked 2 nights F&F rate for Radisson blu Nantes received an email from Hotel to provice contact Information from a valid rezidor email adress.

isnt that against the Terms and conditions?
Its a pretty much a standard these days.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:14 am

No questions asked at Park Inn Munich East.

It's not a great hotel by any means, but for 70E and with a direct connection to the airport by S8 it's fine.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:24 am

wonder when they'll kill this, after the 2-for-1/4-for-2 is killed "silently"..
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: M&More FF - Finnair Plus - Flying Blue Gold - Westjet Gold
Any recent experience with a Radisson in CPH?

Still looking for a new friend from the Carlson family
Old Mar 4, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For the CPH properties you are almost certain to be asked for name and location, so be prepared to provide details of a person; whether they actually check the name furnished, I have no idea, but they will type it to their screens or write down the details (often you will be asked to write down the name on a paper sheet).
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK AAR
For the CPH properties you are almost certain to be asked for name and location, so be prepared to provide details of a person; whether they actually check the name furnished, I have no idea, but they will type it to their screens or write down the details (often you will be asked to write down the name on a paper sheet).
Indeed.

I've got a few dozen of these in Copenhagen in recent years and I can count less than 3 times when I wasn't asked.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Anyone thinks it is enough proof to show a friend who works as revenue manager at Radisson from LinkedIn app?
(this IS a real connection instead of a nobody, albeit not one of my closest friends but anyway, so I would want to bother this friend asking about his personal data)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.