Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by SK AAR
At one of the Copenhagen properties a backoffice person even tried to call my friend at Radisson to get verification after furnishing the check-in agent with name and workplace of my friend. My friend was out of reach due to maternity leave so I was "extraordinarily" allowed to use the F&F rate (admittedly, it may have triggered this scrutiny that I had booked 3 rooms for several nights and the hotel was fully booked for at least one of nights).

I'm always asked for name and work place at the Copenhagen properties (and often asked to write it down on a piece of paper at check-in). Often, I will also be reminded that next time the email-adr. of my friend needs to be in the reservation (rather than my own).
Anal retentives trying to make up their own rules.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:03 am

Copenhagen is always short on hotel capacity. The Falkoner hotel should have been renovated 5 years ago, but its always full.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:20 am

Mall of America, here I come!

Originally Posted by babs
Used it three times recently no problems also got an upgrade twice so not sure how that works!!
Thanks to all of you on this topic. I just saved over $200 on a one night stay at Radisson Blu MSP MOA and I can't believe it!
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:04 pm

My friend who worked at Radisson Blu Gauteng in Joburg has left

If any kind Carlson employee would help for a stay for me and my fiancee in Europe in September, I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by akhenaton; Jul 19, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Old Jul 6, 2016, 1:54 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Anal retentives trying to make up their own rules.

CPH on May stay
they asked me for name and position and said what my friend should make booking for me using Carlson system....but they allowed me stay....
yeah own rules...
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:01 am
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI
If there is any Carlson employee that would also be my friend for an upcoming reservation that would be much appreciated. My partner works for Starwood, and would be able to help out with authorisation forms for their friends rate in return.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy PE; Hilton Diamond
Made a reservation at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam Airport for October. Got an email within 24 hours asking:
Yesterday you have made a reservation in our hotel for the XX of October.
You have booked the room with the special family and friends rate which is only provided to friends and family of an employee of a Carlson Rezidor hotel.
Before we can provide you with this special rate we kindly ask you to send us the following:
The name, function, hotel name and e-mail address of the person working for a Carlson- Rezidor hotel.

If you are unable to send us the details mentioned above we cannot give you the special friends and family rate and we need to change the rate to the best available rate.
After a series of exchanges back and forth about their authority to request (what I later learned was) the personal email address of the Carlson employee, the hotel unilaterally changed the rate to a new horrible "lowest rate" available. I have since cancelled the entire reservation.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yeah, such email exchange is common for the northern European properties. I received similar email from Radisson Berlin to which I responded with the requested info and everything was fine but later I had to cancel anyway.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Sam_AE
Made a reservation at the Radisson Blu Amsterdam Airport for October. Got an email within 24 hours asking:
Yesterday you have made a reservation in our hotel for the XX of October.
You have booked the room with the special family and friends rate which is only provided to friends and family of an employee of a Carlson Rezidor hotel.
Before we can provide you with this special rate we kindly ask you to send us the following:
The name, function, hotel name and e-mail address of the person working for a Carlson- Rezidor hotel.

If you are unable to send us the details mentioned above we cannot give you the special friends and family rate and we need to change the rate to the best available rate.
After a series of exchanges back and forth about their authority to request (what I later learned was) the personal email address of the Carlson employee, the hotel unilaterally changed the rate to a new horrible "lowest rate" available. I have since cancelled the entire reservation.
Try the Radisson Blu in AMS. Great location and they didn't ask for name even though I had one.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Radisson Blu Remple Bay Resort - Mamallapuram

If any kind Carlson employee would help for a stay for My Family in Mamallapuram during August, I would highly appreciate it. The rates seems high during long weekend so it will be great if any employee can help.

Thank you very much!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: QF Gold
If any employee could please help out with a stay I have in LAX.

Non staff rates are $226 AUD, vs $109 on staff. This is a considerable saving over 4 nights.

Thank you so much
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:13 am

Where is this topic heading to...
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Where is this topic heading to...
Moderator should change thread title to "Panhandling employee contact for Carlson FF rate"
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
+1

I do have a CC FF true friend. She is my girlfriend so I will certainly not share her
Old Jul 19, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Originally Posted by FFlash
+1

I do have a CC FF true friend. She is my girlfriend so I will certainly not share her
Our corporate travel team is owned by Carlson. So worst case I could use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.