Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is 80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
I was talking about hotel chains!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
where?

^
Radisson Blu in Nantes
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:20 am

removed

Last edited by ikelmay; Oct 19, 2014 at 9:21 am Reason: removed
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:42 pm

Help with F&F rate in San Diego

Dear FTers, my hubby and I are moving to San Diego and have to stay in a hotel until we can find a place to stay. The best hotel deal I've found is Country Inn and Suites for $70 per night via F&F rate. Can someone please share their contact information if they work for Club Carlson? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by travelover4
Dear FTers, my hubby and I are moving to San Diego and have to stay in a hotel until we can find a place to stay. The best hotel deal I've found is Country Inn and Suites for $70 per night via F&F rate. Can someone please share their contact information if they work for Club Carlson? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
First it's quite easy to find a name, even if it's a fake name.
Second, it's quite risky to stay for a long period with a fake F&F name.
Third, good luck for your new adventure!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Second, it's quite risky to stay for a long period with a fake F&F name.
Can you share more? I would have thought the risk was minimal. All that they can do is ask you to check out? Can you be arrested for example?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:20 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by jonapet89
Radisson Blu in Nantes
GReat hotel and nice staff, but poor initial handling of the F&F rate, calling my friend in BKK at 2am to confirm

I now use the TA rate with them(which I am also entitled to), no issues at all ever since and always a pleasure to stay there
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
GReat hotel and nice staff, but poor initial handling of the F&F rate, calling my friend in BKK at 2am to confirm

I now use the TA rate with them(which I am also entitled to), no issues at all ever since and always a pleasure to stay there
Did the get in contact with the person at 2am?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by bmchris
Can you share more? I would have thought the risk was minimal. All that they can do is ask you to check out? Can you be arrested for example?
The risk is that although you may initially be checked in without having to document your Friend, it might catch a manager's attention later that your eligibility wasn't checked. You would be asked to pay the going rate.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Obviously, someone staying several nights on this rate is far more likely to catch the attention of the manager or whoever is in charge of revenue control = being questioned at check-in.

1-2 nights is usually not a problem.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Obviously, there are many paranoid posters in this thread who feel compelled to share their psychopathology.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:26 am

A completely shameless request, which I will get blasted for:

If any Carlson employee would like to be my friend for a booking, send me a PM. First time I plan to use the rate.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:00 am

You can easily find a friend on linkedin.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've used this rate quite a few times in the past and never had a problem even when staying several nights at a hotel in London.
I have my contacts name and location printed on a piece of paper ready to give them when checking-in. As far as I recall I have only been asked once for it and even then they just looked and never noted it down.

I always guarantee my bookings with a current credit card. It may well be that those hotels who are asking for further info on F&F bookings have suffered in the past from people booking this rate and not showing up. Or from people making and cancelling multiple bookings. Then again, an easy fix for that problem would be to make it a pay up front rate.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I always guarantee my bookings with a current credit card. It may well be that those hotels who are asking for further info on F&F bookings have suffered in the past from people booking this rate and not showing up. Or from people making and cancelling multiple bookings. Then again, an easy fix for that problem would be to make it a pay up front rate.
I don't think that is the explanation. I always guarantee bookings with a credit card too, and in recent months, checks/queries have been numerous whilst until about 12-18 months ago, like you, I was never even asked for name at check in. The queries are by no means automatic, and I don't think they follow a pattern. I have said in hotels where people had horror stories without being asked a thing, and I have also received emails from hotels where nobody had reported any interest in friend's contact before, but the increased proportion of checks is most definite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.