Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Used F&F twice in Seattle and once in Philadelphia earlier this month, no questions asked. Was even upgraded to a business room in PHL - and I am not even a member of CC. Free booze in the lounge

Earlier this week at SkyCity Radisson at ARN (lowest rate was 2500 SEK, so paying 735 SEK F&F saved me a lot of money), and no questions asked there as well....

I have a friend who works at Radisson, so I can provide the information either way. But why do some properties demand e-mail addresses? Did anyone get into trouble when not being able to provide this?
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skrosvik
I have a friend who works at Radisson, so I can provide the information either way.
The swarm of PM from noobe moochies begins in 3...2...1.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by skrosvik
Used F&F twice in Seattle and once in Philadelphia earlier this month, no questions asked. Was even upgraded to a business room in PHL - and I am not even a member of CC. Free booze in the lounge

Earlier this week at SkyCity Radisson at ARN (lowest rate was 2500 SEK, so paying 735 SEK F&F saved me a lot of money), and no questions asked there as well....
Because they "abuse" of the General T&C (read the wiki).
Furthermore i suggest you to edit you comment if you want to avoid thousand of beggings PM
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:57 pm

Sometimes I wish threads would die. As a genuine F&F beneficiary, I don't want the absolute rubber necked scum that hide on the bargain hotel deal fkyertalk pages to ruin another good deal...

What's even more funny is these professional hand out merchants are the first to complain after they ruin it all #ironic
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
@Telabadmanwot - I slightly understand the apprehension of public sharing of such things as even if it benefits hundreds or thousands of good people. There is always the 1% which screw it up for everyone else by being entitled or abusing the situation.

I stayed at Radisson Blu SkyCity Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda (ARN). Check-In person requested my Friend or Family details.. Provided name and location (legitimate contact) and offered phone or email - she said not necessary and continued check-in. Breakfast included.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:46 am

At Radisson Blu Krakow, I used Club Carlson credit card bonus points on the second night free deal. 66,000 points for a Business Class room that included an upgraded room, internet, and breakfast. Upon check in, I was further upgraded to a large corner junior suite with views of Wawel Castle and Old Town, a sofa and a lounge chair, and a large bath with separate tub and shower. I had booked the third night on F & F rate at 80€ and there were no questions about who's the friend. They let me keep me the same junior suite the third night. BA rates were running over $300 for my dates in October, so Club Carlson did really well by me. The hotel food is good and reasonably priced (nice to find really good quesadillas on the bar menu). The walk into Old Town is short, easy and pleasant. There are some Polish specialties on the very good breakfast buffet, a chance to sample a a little bit of things you might or might not like. We didn't attend, but the hotel puts on a Saturday night buffet which featured game, Polish specialties and live music. The hotel is quite popular and the staff couldn't be kinder or more attentive. I had not stayed in a Radisson Blu or any Carlson property, so if the purpose of the bonus points is to win converts, it worked and I'm impressed.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Skywards blue, OK Plus, Delta Skymiles, Avios, Etihad Guest
Has there been a change to the rules? I was contacted ten days before check-in and asked to provide the hotel with an email sent from an official rezidor email address. This never happened to me before.

I know some people at Radisson, but I do not want to bother him/her with it...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is quite common by now; at least for the European/Scandinavian properties. The rules have not changed but some properties are now asking for contact details in advance.

Up to you if you want to provide details by email in advance or reply that you will provide name and location at check-in. For sure you will have to provide contact details one or the other way to check-in.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:09 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by jonapet89
Has there been a change to the rules? I was contacted ten days before check-in and asked to provide the hotel with an email sent from an official rezidor email address. This never happened to me before.

I know some people at Radisson, but I do not want to bother him/her with it...
where?

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It is quite common by now; at least for the European/Scandinavian properties. The rules have not changed but some properties are now asking for contact details in advance.

Up to you if you want to provide details by email in advance or reply that you will provide name and location at check-in. For sure you will have to provide contact details one or the other way to check-in.
^
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:27 am

It's sad that being a Facebook friend is insufficient. A lot of companies have friends and family rates that they openly share and let propogate over the internet.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bmchris
It's sad that being a Facebook friend is insufficient. A lot of companies have friends and family rates that they openly share and let propogate over the internet.
There's nothing sad about a hotel not wanting to offer rooms for a fixed price vs the regular rate which normally is 2-3x as much. What's sad is people complaining about it.... be glad when it works, find another rate or property when it doesn't.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by bmchris
mmm, for example?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
mmm, for example?
IHG...Intercontinental, Holiday Inns and that group of hotels have an open door Family and Friends rate but it is not nearly as discounted as Carlson's.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
IHG...Intercontinental, Holiday Inns and that group of hotels have an open door Family and Friends rate but it is not nearly as discounted as Carlson's.
I know, furthermore HI is part of IHG!
but aside from these?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
mmm, for example?
http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/...FQgDaQodOL4A9g

http://www.colehaan.com/start?gclid=...FdFkMAodlxEA0w

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.