Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:25 am

Hi ...

How does ist work as an affiliate partner of radisson blu?? I officially linked to rezidor and radisson blu on my website so in my opinion i am an "official friend" ... !? When i'm aked for name and location of the employee WHAT should i write or answer? Is it okay just to tell them i am an affiliate? That's all ??

Greetings from germany,
Andreas
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by h0llywut
Hi ...

How does ist work as an affiliate partner of radisson blu?? I officially linked to rezidor and radisson blu on my website so in my opinion i am an "official friend" ... !? When i'm aked for name and location of the employee WHAT should i write or answer? Is it okay just to tell them i am an affiliate? That's all ??

Greetings from germany,
Andreas
i don't want to be rude, but instead of asking what is largely described on the thread, try to reand from page #1 and go further...you'll see how many answer you'll be able to figure out easily.^
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Stayed at the Radisson Ambassador, San Juan, 2 nights using FF rate, $80 + $9 upgrade to Club Level. The extra $9 was worth it. Had name/work location of "friend", but not requested. Well worth the price.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by ken_ll
Stayed at the Radisson Ambassador, San Juan, 2 nights using FF rate, $80 + $9 upgrade to Club Level. The extra $9 was worth it. Had name/work location of "friend", but not requested. Well worth the price.
Travelling to San Juan in Oct. Would you recommend Radisson Ambassador for a family of 3 (an 1 year old). Also how are the rooms at the Club level?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:32 pm

Stayed at LAX Radisson for $80/night, no questions asked. Got an upgrade to the room w/ sleep number beds, bottle of water and small plate of snacks along w/ a note from the manager - I'm guessing this was b/c I'm gold and have the credit card.

Would definitely stay again even without the F&F discount
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by harish7447
Travelling to San Juan in Oct. Would you recommend Radisson Ambassador for a family of 3 (an 1 year old). Also how are the rooms at the Club level?

Thanks
Personally I think you can find better. I stayed there 3 nights on F & F rate, and did the upgrade. The rooms were fine, nothing special. The club lounge was ok. You can get the same rate on Hotwire. For the end of my stay I ended up getting a great waterview room at the Intercontinental for the same price ($80) on hotwire. There is no comparison, IC is 100 X better. That's what I would do, is do my research on hotwire and book there.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by harish7447

Thanks
No. Very dated, but functional. But I do stay here when it fits my budget.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AC
What would be the appropriate protocol when you are a sent an e-mail after booking asking for the employee's details (i.e. provide them in an e-mail or wait until check-in to do so)?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC *P
Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate

Stayed at Country inn and suites at Elizabeth NJ (ewr property) and no questions were asked.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by shuly
Need 6 nights, found the rate for 4. How likely are they to extend it for me when I'm there? Should I call ahead and check? If you have any experience, please share. Thank you!

Shuly
I monitored availability and the two additional nights I needed opened up one week before check-in date. I now have two back-to-back reservations, for 4 and 2 nights. I suppose I should be fine.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Shuly
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by shuly
I monitored availability and the two additional nights I needed opened up one week before check-in date. I now have two back-to-back reservations, for 4 and 2 nights. I suppose I should be fine.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Shuly
yep!^

as described before, availability can be divided in 3 period:

1st period: some months in advance: when the hotel usually have set automatically the F&F for the next months ahead (e.g. F&F available on 30 days/30 days)

2nd period: some weeks in advance: when the hotel has set manually the availability: few dates and randomly distributed (e.g. <10 F&F available nights per months)

3rd period: 1-3 weeks in advance: when the hotel manually set the dates in order to obtain as more reservations as possible (e.g. it's similar to a last minute offer!)
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:57 pm

Programs: Yes.
A bit of a bump on my post (1796). Has anyone ever combined a few FF and a couple award nights. i.e. let us stay in same room?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 8:29 pm

jan 4-6 needed in Zurich and all properties say 'no rate'
weird?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:01 pm

CLTF, it's probably too far in the future.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:38 am

Awesome thread! Glad I searched for Carlson discount code. Neighbor's kid is an assistant manager at the local TGIF - saved me $200 a night for a 3 night stay at the ZRH airport Radission!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.