Reload this Page >

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2014, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhatnasx
The Friends and Family rate is intended to be offered to travellers who are "friend and family members" of a Carlson employee. That could be a hotel employee, a travel agent (Carlson Wagonlit) or restaurant employee (TGIF) (TGIF sold to Sentinel Capital Partners as of July 2014).

When you book the rate, you are supposed to have the basic data on your friend available at check-in for the hotel to verify that you are indeed authorized to use that rate. Generally, if they ask, they ask for:
1) Employee Name
2) Work location

Please consider that, as per T&C, only employee name and location can be requested only at the check in time.

The new code is RHGRFNF
NOTE:
Booking a rate that you're not entitled to book may result in rate adjustments and Club Carlson account freezing.

In general, the rate is €80 per night in Europe.

*These stays post as "Ineligible" - non-qualifying, non-stay, non-points earning ... so, in sum, don't associate a F&F reservation with your Gold Points account, unless elite perks you hope to enjoy are worth the risk.
Print Wikipost

Carlson Hotels (Radisson) Family & Friends Rate - 2009 - 2017 Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:42 pm

Recently completed a stay at the Radisson Blu in Canary Wharf, London. Nice property, liked their breakfast. No questions asked at any time.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 11:18 pm

Park Inn Zurich Airport

Hi guys,

I just booked my first Club Carlson stay with F&F rate at Park Inn Zurich Airport. When I check in, I'm not going to mention anything about friend, but in case they ask... what are my options? Are any of you CC employees that could send me a PM in case I'm asked?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by cronin85
Hi guys,

I just booked my first Club Carlson stay with F&F rate at Park Inn Zurich Airport. When I check in, I'm not going to mention anything about friend, but in case they ask... what are my options? Are any of you CC employees that could send me a PM in case I'm asked?

Thank you in advance.
read some posts behind and you'll get your answer!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
read some posts behind and you'll get your answer!
101 pages can you point me to a page at least? :P

edit: found it.. general manager google search thing Actually, now to think of it... my mom used to work at Radisson about 10 years ago and I'm sure there'll be someone she knows that still works there

Last edited by cronin85; Jul 22, 2013 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 22, 2013, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cronin85
101 pages
I'm showing 38 pages.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by sonofzeus
I'm showing 38 pages.
Actually, I am too now. I usually change my vBulletin settings to max # of posts per page, but I guess I forgot to do it here. i show 38 pages now too.. at 40 posts per page. Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:33 am

Australia

Stayed at the Radisson in Sydney and also in Melbourne using F&F rate.
No one asked and had a great stay at both locations. B'fast NOT included.
This is a great resource, thank everyone.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:06 am

Also, did any of you guys walk into a Radisson hotel in your city and get few names down from reception, concierge manager, etc?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
We stayed two nights at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Salzburg. Typical conference hotel, paid the 86 euros rate, was never asked for any proof. Breakfast was included in the F & F rate . Nice location, very close to the train station and bus stops
Old Jul 22, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Stayed for some nights at Royal Radisson in Oslo and the Radisson in Bergen. I read on the net that the hotels in Scandinavia are very much different than in the rest of the world. Indeed, very old buildings, and "special", the one in Bergen didn't even have a wardrobe (only hangers on the wall!) and a proper table (had to be folded down from the wall). We also had a super unfriendly check in staff in Oslo who just ignored us in the middle of our request (big taxi). All in all, very weird.

Bergen check-in did ask for a name while Oslo didn't. BF was included, standard room, no upgrades (expected but just as a data point).
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: hilton diamond SPG/Marriott platinum UA silver AA platinum
We also stayed 3 nights at Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna. Excellent location, on Vienna's RIngstasse, just opposite to Vienna City Park (Stadtpark). The hotel looked stately, but the rooms were tired and jaded. Free breakfast, was never asked for any proof, paid 86 euros per night. Was upgraded to a suite which had two twin beds put together to create a King bed. The location is to die for.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: all
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam available for 80 euros on sept 10 using F+F
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: Lufthansa-BA-Ethihad-Turkish Airlines-China Airlines-Oman Air - Hilton - Marriott...
happy once again

using the F&F rate since ages never disappointed - recent stay at park inn XXXX germany booked via gold CC account, upgrade to business room, no quetsions upon check inn and even got base points :-)
Old Jul 28, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, HH-Gold
Radisson Blu Bucharest

Made a booking with Radisson Blu Bucharest a month ago for a stay in November using the F&F rate. Got a confirmation of the rate on the last screen. However I noticed a week ago that the hotel (apparently) went ahead and changed my rate automatically to their rack rate assuming that it was a misuse of the rate code (again my assumption). I tried to do the booking again thinking that it might be a system glitch but the same thing happened after a week. Anyhow was not bothered to inquire the reason for the change of rate by the hotel so canceled the booking and booked with Hilton instead. They have much better rates than Radisson with their summer sale.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by T4Less
canceled the booking and booked with Hilton instead. They have much better rates than Radisson with their summer sale.
I second that, had a res at the Radisson Blu Milan and cancelled it when I found that Hilton had a better rate (and is a superior hotel at a far-superior location). Radisson's F&F 80 Euro rate is often not the best there is out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.