Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Getting from HKIA to Shenzhen late at night?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, SPG Gold

After lots of googling and FT searches, I am coming up empty handed and would be grateful if someone would share their experience. I am landing in HKG at 10:30pm on a Saturday. Factoring in entry formalities and baggage claim, I anticipate being able to leave the airport at 11:30pm or midnight at the latest and would like to go straight to Shenzhen city. I believe the last ferry from HKG leaves around 10pm. Are there any other transport options such as a cross-border bus leaving HKIA that late on a Saturday night? If necessary, I'm willing to travel to the 24h crossing at Huanggang and then take a taxi on the Chinese side.

In case it makes any difference, I'm an American traveler with multiple-entry Chinese tourist visa.
Old May 22, 2011, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The only crossing you can use overnight IS Huanggang, and I don't think there's any direct coach from HKG to the border that late at night. You can take a green New Territories taxi to the transportation interchange just before Huanggang and switch to the 24-hour "Huang (Yellow) Bus" to the actual border; or you can go to various points in the city and use one of the 24-hour coaches to Huanggang.
Old May 22, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Green Cab + Cross Boarder Bus the way to go.

If you are arriving earlier I would suggest to green cab all the way to "Lok Ma Chau Railway Station" which crossing boarder is as easy as Lok Wu with way less people.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I recall I had done a very late (past 23:30) crossing once several months ago, via Huanggang. This trip was by bus. My DW and I were the only passengers on board. I found it very convenient. Once crossed the border, called a cab by the convenient store.

Shuttles to Huanggang and Shenzhen Bay Port
Service Provider : Chinalink Travel
China Travel Tours Transportation
Eternal East Bus
Sinoway (China) Express
Trans-Island Limousine
Destination : Huanggang (Service hours: 0700 – 0100) &
Shenzhen Bay Port (Service hours: 0700 – 2230)
Boarding Point : Coach Station, Terminal 2
Ticketing Point : Counter C01, Coach Station, Terminal 2
Telephone : +852 2183 7348

The BOLDED one is what you want.
For further info, please check here
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/t...-services.html
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by allset2travel
I recall I had done a very late (past 23:30) crossing once several months ago, via Huanggang. This trip was by bus. My DW and I were the only passengers on board. I found it very convenient. Once crossed the border, called a cab by the convenient store.

Shuttles to Huanggang and Shenzhen Bay Port
Service Provider : Chinalink Travel
China Travel Tours Transportation
Eternal East Bus
Sinoway (China) Express
Trans-Island Limousine
Destination : Huanggang (Service hours: 0700 – 0100) &
Shenzhen Bay Port (Service hours: 0700 – 2230)
Boarding Point : Coach Station, Terminal 2
Ticketing Point : Counter C01, Coach Station, Terminal 2
Telephone : +852 2183 7348

The BOLDED one is what you want.
For further info, please check here
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/t...-services.html
Does anyone have any updates on this? I'm considering flying into HKG at around 1030p on Jan 2, and would love to be able to head straight to Shenzhen. Also, how much do taxis to Futian cost? Thanks, E.

Last edited by moondog; Dec 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
42km in a green taxi is about $220, plus tolls of $30 and $33, so about HK$300. After 11p, taxis can go directly to the border control point. No need to switch to the Huang Bus.

Last edited by rkkwan; Dec 21, 2012 at 5:40 am
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rkkwan
42km in a green taxi is about $220, plus tolls of $30
and $33, so about HK$300. After 11p, taxis can go directly to the border control point. No need to switch to the Huang Bus.
Thanks. In the end, I decided to kill the plan in question. (My doctor has advised me to avoid creating stressful situations for myself, and flying halfway around the world on New Years Day, taxing to Shenzhen, and managing meetings the next morning seems to constitute exactly that.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.