Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Minimum Hong Kong Intl. Airport Connection Time

Minimum Hong Kong Intl. Airport Connection Time

Old May 23, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
1. Minimum legal connection time is 60 minutes I believe

2. CZ should be able to check your bags onto TG with no issues.

3. Not sure as I don't fly UA or any Star Alliance carriers often.
Old May 28, 2015, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
1. Minimum legal connection time is 60 minutes I believe

2. CZ should be able to check your bags onto TG with no issues.

3. Not sure as I don't fly UA or any Star Alliance carriers often.
I agree with your assessment, but feel compelled to point out that the post to which you replied is 9 years old.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL & CCR), AA EXP, United 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Hi All,

Appreciate any advice for a June itinerary from SIN to BKK. My flight details:

SIN-HKG, SQ860, 08:40 - 12:40, First
HKG-BKK, TG601, 13:25 - 25:05, First

I will be on two separate award tickets. Is a 45 minute connection time at HKG too risky? I'm assuming the typical immigration, baggage claim, and security process will need to be completed.

I see that SQ has an interline agreement with TG - if I were to check my bags through to BKK, would I have to retrieve them through security at HKG?

I've heard HKG is efficient... but is it crazy to attempt that short of a connection time?

Thanks for all your help an insight! Appreciate it!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can normally interline bags and HKG has airside transfer so no need for immigration and baggage claim; there is security check to get to departure level but that is very efficient and generally under 5 min. I've made many <30 min connections at HKG (due to late arrival), but that was with CX who hold flights open for F pax until 1 min before departure time. Not sure that TG would do that and obviously you'll need to do online checkin to have your TG BP prior to HKG arrival (otherwise you have to use the transfer desks to get BP in HKG and that could have 30 min cutoff, depends on TG).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
HX -> SK

Does HX interline with SK?

I'm considering these flights on sep. tix:

HX762 BKK-HKG 03:25-07:25
SK963 HKG-ARN 09:05-14:35

Would HX at BKK be able to tag my bag all the way to ARN? If not, would there be sufficient time to collect my bag and check-in it with SK?

Off topic: Refund of HKG dep. tax when on separate tickets still possible?

Thx
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Does HX interline with SK?...
They do interline on same ticket, whether they will on separate tickets is a different question http://www.hongkongairlines.com/pdf/...%20traffic.pdf Often interlining on separate tickets is easier within the same alliance, e.g. TG BKK-HKG might have worked better.
Clearing customs at HKG is usually fast (<30 min) but my personal longest was 2 hours (airport jammed with arrivals). Add to that the cotoff time by SK for baggage acceptance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.