Reload this Page >

Hong Kong, Priceline and Public Transportation

Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:13 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum

We arrive 4:30PM, have that evening and all next day in Hong Kong with departure the following morning at 9:30AM. Which Priceline Hotel area would you bid for easy access to the city and how is the public transportation from that area to the airport. Travel time and reliability? Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
East HK Island 4* always get the Harbour Plaza North Point. No free Airport Express shuttle, and it's a long taxi ride from the Hong Kong station. Either take a hotel shuttle (HK$140/120 per person), or the A12 Cityflyer bus ($45).

West HK Island 5* usually gets the Marriott. Great location in Central. Free Airport Express shuttle or short taxi ride from AE station. Or A11 Cityflyer bus.

West HK Island 4* usually gets the Cosmopolitan. Poor transportation. Basically have to take taxi from AE station. Or use hotel shuttle.

Tsim Sha Tsui 5* usually gets the Sheraton. Great location. Free shuttle or short taxi ride from AE Kowloon station. Or A21 Cityflyer bus.

Tsim Sha Tsui 4* used to get the Kowloon Hotel, but few recent success bids. Across the street from Sheraton.

Central Kowloon 5* always get the Harbour Plaza. Poor location to get to the airport. Fairly long taxi ride to AE Kowloon station, but there is free AE shuttle.

Central Kowloon 4* usually gets the Eaton. Short taxi ride from AE Kowloon station, or take the free shuttle with a short walk. Or use Cityflyer A22.

There are hotel shuttles from the airport. HK Island is around $140 from airport, $120 return. Kowlon is $120/100. Two companies run them, so among them there should be a departure every 15 minutes to each area.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: A3 G (*G), KL/AF G, AY S, HH G, MR G, AX P
Originally Posted by rkkwan
East HK Island 4* always get the Harbour Plaza North Point. No free Airport Express shuttle, and it's a long taxi ride from the Hong Kong station. Either take a hotel shuttle (HK$140/120 per person), or the A12 Cityflyer bus ($45).
The combination MTR + Airport Express was quite OK. MTR runs from 6AM every day, and I think Airport Express as well. Only minus is quite long indoors walk in Central - Hong Kong station. MTR costs next to nothing and Airport Express from Hong Kong station HK$160 for "group" of two. The whole trip from hotel to airport took about 1 hour.

I have stayed at Harbour Plaza North Point with Priceline booking twice now, and liked both times. First got an upgrade to suite, but apparently also standard rooms have full kitchen equipment. Location is excellent for smaller budget, 100m from MTR, and a decent lunch/dinner buffet.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: MPC
Hutch are selling their 53% stake in HK Priceline.

I mean, why the panic. PL only lost a bit of money.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 9:47 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Tsim Sha Tsui 5* usually gets the Sheraton. Great location. Free shuttle or short taxi ride from AE Kowloon station. Or A21 Cityflyer bus.
Have been unable to get the Sheraton for quite a while. Have they stopped working with PL? The Marriott is a fine substitute, but not really worth the extra $70, imo.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 3:39 pm

Programs: A3 G (*G), KL/AF G, AY S, HH G, MR G, AX P
Originally Posted by jpdx
Have been unable to get the Sheraton for quite a while. Have they stopped working with PL? The Marriott is a fine substitute, but not really worth the extra $70, imo.
Had Sheraton in June, think I "named the price" in May. Couldn't get it month ago, tried with about same price as before but didn't push it too much and settled finally for the Harbour Plaza instead.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:15 pm

Price for each?

I would like to know what is the price range I should bid for Hong Kong 4* hotel?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
You might want to check recent "wins" on the two boards that track priceline bids:

http://p198.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding
http://betterbidding.com/

Welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:24 am

Hong Kong island side

Curious what FT'ers have gotten on priceline.com recently for HK island hotels: both west and east island locations, and either 4 star or 5 star?

Checked both sites below and not much recent activity

http://p198.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding
http://betterbidding.com/

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2008, 12:29 pm

The only 5* that occasionally comes up on HK Island is the JW. I haven't been able to get it recently. My threshold for PL bidding in HK is $160 for a 5*; if I can't get the JW for that amount, I stay at the IC HK (w/ BOGO), Sheraton (z3h rate), or Langham Place (if no discounts are available).
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:23 am

Programs: PC Ambassador, UA , HH Gold
Sheraton may be a better choice for you if you can get it from PL provided your short time stay.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by FrankieTse
Sheraton may be a better choice for you if you can get it from PL provided your short time stay.
Sheraton doesn't come up on Priceline anymore.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA/UA
I would go here to look at all HKG hotels.. someone before mentioned about the Star rating and what hotels..

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/top...OTEL-LIST.html
Old Sep 9, 2008, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by JumboJetLA
I would go here to look at all HKG hotels.. someone before mentioned about the Star rating and what hotels..

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/top...OTEL-LIST.html

Thanks, same forum as: http://p198.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.