Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Transit in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Question about Transit in Hong Kong

I arrive into HKG from SFO at 7 AM and have a 8 hour layover.

I have scheduled a meeting in Kowloon for mid day and wanted to know if I can clear security and go to the air side Cathay Lounge for a few hours and then exit the airport closer to my meeting time.
Or will I be required to exit the airport earlier when my SFO flight arrives?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 5:30 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can use your onward boarding pass to go to the lounge upon arrival. When you wish to leave the airport later, ask the lounge reception for a transit pass, you must have this silly slip of paper in order to go through security to the arrivals level. Then you can exit via immigration and customs. If you don't have that special pass (easily obtained in the lounge), you cannot go from the departure to the arrival level (and of course you cannot leave the airport from the departure level, only from arrivals).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.