Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKIA to Macau

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

HKIA to Macau

Intend to go from HKIA directly to Macau without clearing HK immigration. But how does my checked baggage (which is tagged to HKG) get to the ferry, if I cannot go to the carousel to collect it?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:58 pm

You have to give your baggage tags to the check-in agents at the ferry desk and they will pull your bags and transfer them to the ferry.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 1:57 am

I think from memory there was also a little machine in the waiting area, where you could scan your ticket (?) and it would tell you if they've retrieved your bags yet. You do this while you are waiting, after checking in for the ferry and handing over your luggage receipts. Obviously it's not immediate but it gives you peace of mind that your bag is on board before you get on the ferry.

I found that, although it wasn't the easiest to find out information online, the process was quite slick.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Hope this helps....

https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...prd-ports.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.