6 hours in HKG

Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
6 hours in HKG

Hi next Saturday, I will have around 6 hours in between my flight.

I will be arriving CX714 at 0520 and connecting to CX806 departing at 1155.

I am ESTA pasport holder.

Since, I will have more than 6 hours, I am thinking to go out to city maybe Central area and grab some dim sum and go back to catch up my flight.

Is it advisable?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...yover-hkg.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...-forecast.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...hong-kong.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...hong-kong.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hong-kong.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...-hours-hk.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Nothing is similar.

I guess let me clarify my questions.

My flight will arrive very early in the morning at 520am. Will that easy togo to town? Any idea if the Airport Express has started?

Second questions, I was thinking to go lin heung which is not too far from hk station. Or any suggestion for dim sum nearby the airport or perhaps within the airport itself?

Lastly is there any extra security requirements for US bound flight so thatI have to be at the gate x hours before the flight?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
How hard is it to find the timetable of the airport express?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by moondog
Worry not, we have an abundant supply of all standard sizes.
So you won't be able to answer my "I have 5:23 connection at Hong Kong Airport, what to do" query then?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by lingua101
Nothing is similar.

My flight will arrive very early in the morning at 520am. Will that easy togo to town? Any idea if the Airport Express has started?

Second questions, I was thinking to go lin heung which is not too far from hk station. Or any suggestion for dim sum nearby the airport or perhaps within the airport itself?

Lastly is there any extra security requirements for US bound flight so thatI have to be at the gate x hours before the flight?
AEx starts running after 6am IIRC. You can check the time table on their website.

Lin Heung is tea house with traditional atmosphere, not great dim sum IMHO. But they do open early.
If you want great dim sum and willing to go to Central; Tim Ho Wan has a Michelin starred location one level down at the AEx station/shops. They open at 9. This is probably the best dim sum location considering your arrival and departure times.

YES there is additional hand search security at gate for US bound flights so budget your time for this as well.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
AEx starts running after 6am IIRC. You can check the time table on their website.

Lin Heung is tea house with traditional atmosphere, not great dim sum IMHO. But they do open early.
If you want great dim sum and willing to go to Central; Tim Ho Wan has a Michelin starred location one level down at the AEx station/shops. They open at 9. This is probably the best dim sum location considering your arrival and departure times.

YES there is additional hand search security at gate for US bound flights so budget your time for this as well.
Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:56 am

Tim Ho Wan is definitely the best option, especially given its location. After you are done you can also walk around IFC as well.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:59 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Hi next Saturday, I will have around 6 hours in between my flight.

I will be arriving CX714 at 0520 and connecting to CX806 departing at 1155.

I am ESTA pasport holder.

Since, I will have more than 6 hours, I am thinking to go out to city maybe Central area and grab some dim sum and go back to catch up my flight.

Is it advisable?
u'll need to find a dimsum place that opens at that hour
Lin Heung and Luk yu would be open and isnt too far from aex

ps: i dont think it is particularly easy to find which dimsum places are open, and arent too far away.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CX HK
Tim Ho Wan is definitely the best option, especially given its location. After you are done you can also walk around IFC as well.
tim ho wan is junk but has a good location.
not sure when it opens tho.
lukyu is much better but price goes up accordingly
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:02 am
Suspended

Nothing is similar.

lin heung is good.
if you dont mind other FTers, shoot me a PM

was yesterday, nevermind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.