Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel recommendations in Hong Kong for 1st timer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by christep
To be clear though, only the top floors of the Bishop Lei have a Harbour View, and it's from half way up the hill on the Island side, over buildings of Central, so not the classic HK skyline.
But, at least it's on the island. (Why bother going to HK just to look at it from across the harbor?)
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyDUS
Am I right that all hotels that have real cool views on harbour & skyline will cost a fortune say 300+ USD / night? Is there any recommendation on Starwood or Marriott hotels?
Not necessarily. Harbour view rooms at Sheraton and IC Grand Stanford can often be had for 2200 HKD or less, sometimes even <2000 HKD if advanced non-refundable rate. Sheraton will have the better harbour view than Grand Stanford, but you will want to try to stay higher than 9th or 10th floor, due to various obstructing buildings south of Salisbury Rd. Be careful with the room selection at Grand Stanford. There are a few different categories of rooms there advertised as having harbour views... you want to avoid the cheaper ones since they actually face the wrong direction of the harbour.

I have even scored the harbour view room at the IC for ~2200 HKD during off-peak season.

$300 USD for Marriott's harbour view room is tough. And the harbour view is not as good anyways from HK side.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: LH FTL
Thanks!
I will definitely check out the Sheraton. Does SPG's BRG work for Hong Kong as well or does it exclude Hong Kong like IHG? Do you know the upgrade policy for SPG Gold members?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.