Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best SIM card to get

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, MM, McDonalds Million Burgers
just returned from HK. bought 2 SIMs from china mobile (store in TST), popped
into old nokia and Treo 650 - self-activated and usable in seconds.

Verizon's travelpass also worked but needed pop-out/pop-back-in of Verizon
4G sim to activate on my Moto Turbo Droid 2.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL/UA
whats a good sim for return use in HK? gonna based in Manila soon with frequent visits to HK with occasional travel to Shanghai. Ones that have long expiry dates and easy to recharge
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Well I tried the 1010 shops at the airport and TST and they're only offering the Discover HK SIMs.

No 38 HKD SIMs on which to load data, even though their web site shows it for residents.

Speed test at the TST shop with 5 bars 4G displayed on my iPad Air 2 got just above 10 Mbps down.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by ace587
whats a good sim for return use in HK? gonna based in Manila soon with frequent visits to HK with occasional travel to Shanghai. Ones that have long expiry dates and easy to recharge
Virtually all non-tourist-oriented SIM cards (and some tourist-oriented ones) have 180 days expiry. Most providers allow online reloading using credit cards.

I have a China Mobile card from at least 10 years ago. Refill 50HKD online every 180 days.

Originally Posted by wco81
Well I tried the 1010 shops at the airport and TST and they're only offering the Discover HK SIMs.
180 days expiry. Re-loadable online. Not necessarily the best value for long term use but it is possible.

https://www.hkcsl.com/en/Discover-HK...t-Prepaid-SIM/

Last edited by beep88; Feb 3, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Yeah I got the Discover HK $118 one.

Did see offers of 2 and 7 day data SIMs at another airport shop which costs less.

It was on 3 network.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.