Wiki Posts
Search

15 hours in HK , Hotel help....

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Edit:

Checking out that website Between9and5, they also have contract with the Novotel Citygate in Tung Chung. Even though it cost more, you save train/bus fare, and more importantly, TIME. Unless you don't mind missing a couple hours of sleep to see the city.

---

If you actually decide on Charterhouse (I have no opinion), it's really quite a walk from the train at Causeway Bay MTR, even if the Times Square Exit isn't far. I wouldn't do it, because you will have another fairly long transfer from Airport Express to the Island Line MTR already. If you take the Airport Express, just take a taxi from station to hotel; or take the free H2(Wan Chai & Admiralty) and get off at the Novotel. That's the closest stop, and if you just follow a map or GPS, it's 5 minutes walk for the 350m/yds.

Alternatively, Cityflyer A11 bus (every 20 minutes) has a stop at Tonnochy Road, which is even closer. But since you're doing in on same day, the same-day Airport Express roundtrip ticket ($100 to HK Station) is the best value, and not much more expensive than the bus.

Last edited by rkkwan; May 26, 2016 at 10:36 pm
Old May 27, 2016, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Edit:

Checking out that website Between9and5, they also have contract with the Novotel Citygate in Tung Chung. Even though it cost more, you save train/bus fare, and more importantly, TIME. Unless you don't mind missing a couple hours of sleep to see the city.

---

If you actually decide on Charterhouse (I have no opinion), it's really quite a walk from the train at Causeway Bay MTR, even if the Times Square Exit isn't far. I wouldn't do it, because you will have another fairly long transfer from Airport Express to the Island Line MTR already. If you take the Airport Express, just take a taxi from station to hotel; or take the free H2(Wan Chai & Admiralty) and get off at the Novotel. That's the closest stop, and if you just follow a map or GPS, it's 5 minutes walk for the 350m/yds.

Alternatively, Cityflyer A11 bus (every 20 minutes) has a stop at Tonnochy Road, which is even closer. But since you're doing in on same day, the same-day Airport Express roundtrip ticket ($100 to HK Station) is the best value, and not much more expensive than the bus.
Taxi between HK Stn and Charterhouse is a no-brainer.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by moondog
Taxi between HK Stn and Charterhouse is a no-brainer.

Thanks for all the replys , I will be flying into HKG on Tuesday .

I have a day room booked at the Charterhouse , So if I have read the replys correctly the best option is to take the Airport express to HK station and then a Taxi to the Charterhouse hotel .

Do all the taxis have meters in HK ? and what is the most I should expect to pay for the taxi ?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ianp
Thanks for all the replys , I will be flying into HKG on Tuesday .

I have a day room booked at the Charterhouse , So if I have read the replys correctly the best option is to take the Airport express to HK station and then a Taxi to the Charterhouse hotel .

Do all the taxis have meters in HK ? and what is the most I should expect to pay for the taxi ?
The taxi should set you back around $35 (HK), a little more if traffic is heavy and/or if you have luggage (they charge per piece).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
You will need to allow about 20 minutes to half an hour to get thru immigration, and it can take a lot longer than that depending on how many immigration gates are open and how busy it is. Then you need to allow another 30 minutes to get into town on the Airport Express (you might want to look at pre-booking your AE ticket through www.klook.com).

So you should be at the AE station in Hong Kong by 7.30ish. Taxi lines at the station can be quite long and you will be attempting to get from the station to the Charterhouse righ n the middle of the rush hour so I would not expect to be in the hotel much before 8.15.

Dont forget, you will need to have some Hong Kong dollars to pay for your taxi - it will be closer to HKD50 than HKD35. Luggage is charged at HKD5 per piece carried in the trunk.

Make sure you only get a taxi from the main taxi rank. Unlicenced touts are likely to approach you both at the airport and at the Airport Express station. Do not use them, they will rip you off. Also try and get the name and address of the Hotel written in Cantonese to show the taxi driver. The majority of drivers speak English but there are some who do not

香港铜锣湾利景酒店
香港湾仔道209 - 219号
电话: (852) 2833 5566

Last edited by steveben53; Jul 24, 2016 at 7:55 am
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by steveben53
Make sure you only get a taxi from the main taxi rank. Unlicenced touts are likely to approach you both at the airport and at the Airport Express station. Do not use them, they will rip you off.
I have never - literally, not once, in hundreds of entries as a tourist, together with tourists, and as a resident - been approached by any such touts, be it at the airport or at any Airport Express station. This comment really surprises me Have I been that lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.