Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Entering HK After Entering secure area in transit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Entering HK After Entering secure area in transit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Thanks for the feedback

My wife and I ended up clearing immigration normally and going over to T2 Skydeck (HK $15) to watch planes. It was a bit rainy but cleared up and was quite nice. Had some lunch then she went back through and I went into town.

The left luggage is HK $12/hr /piece up to $140 for 24 hours. Did not use- just checked my bag through since I knew I'd be going out, but regretted it a little at LAX TBIT waiting for it to come out.

There's an IMAX 3D theater at T2- it was showing Star Wars but the timing was a little off for me.

All's well that ends well except my wife says there's no champagne in the business lounge? Spoiled by The Wing. Maybe she could have gone to the Qantas lounge instead? She is Platinum/oneworld Sapphire.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Originally Posted by fanger
All's well that ends well except my wife says there's no champagne in the business lounge? Spoiled by The Wing. Maybe she could have gone to the Qantas lounge instead? She is Platinum/oneworld Sapphire.
There's definitely champagne at CX's J lounges. Which one did she visit?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Originally Posted by JordanWalker
There's definitely champagne at CX's J lounges. Which one did she visit?
The Wing, Business. It's possible there was a misunderstanding- she mentioned the individual she spoke too didn't seem to comfortable with English.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.