Search

Steakhouse Recommendations in HK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Steakhouse Recommendations in HK

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good steakhouse (as the title says) - while unlikely, does anyone know if any steakhouse in HK has 48oz porterhouse steaks for two or a french-style c'ote de boeuf for two available?

My typical preferred steakhouse in the States is usually a place with a good-sized porterhouse or ribeye (usually 20oz+), but I know that portions everywhere that's not the US tends to be smaller. What are the typical sizes here in HK? 12-14oz?

Cheers.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: FT
there are certainly a few US based chains in HKG.

open rice is pretty good on locations.

http://www.hongkong-ic.intercontinen...carte_menu.pdf

these are pretty large...no?

not cheap.

http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/...pe/steak-house
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by mkjr
not cheap.
Even by Hong Kong standards that is the understatement of the week!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
My wife and I have been to The Steak House at IC a couple of times and had the porterhouse last time. It IS enough for 2 to share. Consider how much such raw piece of meat will cost at say City'Super, it is NOT EXPENSIVE by HK Standard.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check out IC. A few of my local friends suggested Outback in TST (I don't really think of them as a "real" steakhouse but they are very reasonably priced!) :P
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:44 pm

BLT Steak in Ocean Terminal is good. I believe they have a big porterhouse. Dont remember the exact size.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kawaii
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check out IC. A few of my local friends suggested Outback in TST (I don't really think of them as a "real" steakhouse but they are very reasonably priced!) :P
Outback? Definitely not!! They're cheap for a reason.

Ruth's Chris in Admiralty is good but not cheap. Wooloomooloo Prime (in either TST or Causeway Bay) might suit you as the steaks are decent and the HK skyline views good. They do a 20oz Porterhouse but have larger size steaks (such as Aussie Tomahawk) for 2-3 to share so that might fit the bill.

I tend not to trust Open Rice reviews for Western food as the locals seem to have a very different idea of what constitutes good. If the locals like it, stay away and if the locals are saying that it's "not authentic Western food", it's probably VERY authentic indeed and worth a visit! Sad but true. It took several years of living in HK to figure this out. ;-)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:20 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
I'd recommend any of the following

Gaucho - http://www.gauchorestaurants.com.hk/

Blue Butcher - http://www.bluebutcher.com/

Tango - http://www.diningconcepts.com/Tango
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you live near the GH, I recommend picking up their VIP card for $3500. Then you can enjoy 2 for 1 at all restaurants, including steaks.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
What Outback charges in Hong Kong in relationship with the food provided is fair. You can do worst for that money. But of course, its quality is far from the best.

IC also has a dining card. I don't know the details, but I believe it gives you about 20-25% off on all their restaurants. Best thing is that while the card has to be presented, they don't check the names. In other words, it can be shared. Just not at the same time.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by kawaii
I went to that location a few times when I craved steak and potato while living in HKG, and the food was almost identical to what we have in the States. Prices are also very reasonable. It is what it is - a casual steakhouse.

I also went to Lobster Bar and Grill (inside Shangri-La on Admiralty), and that steak was very overpriced but quite good. But service was awful.

Last edited by Kat007; Oct 3, 2015 at 9:21 pm Reason: cor
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wooloomooloo in Kowloon, but don't expect one of the fancy/formal steak houses like you find in the USA.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: BA
BLT Steak in TST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.