Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

How to pay rent with AMEX

Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I am earning asia miles throught amex, living in hong kong and i wonder if there is a way to do a bank transfer from amex account to Bank of China account of my landlord?
Also is there a way to pay the income tax with amex?
I will be below the 150k HKD and i will have to pay the fees.

thanks
Nicolas
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
The topic is not direct related to Asia Miles, but more with how Amex can be used specifically in Hong Kong. I am moving the thread to the HK forum.

cxfan1960
CX CoMod
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: CX Diamond
Paying your tax bill by credit card should be possible online. I'm not familiar with the amex system though.

Do note that HK credit cards stopped giving points for tax payments several years ago.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
I doubt any landlord accepts AMEX (except service apartments) and I am not aware you can transfer your AMEX credit to cash without a fee (e.g transfer to paypal at 3.4% fee then out to bank then transfer to your landlord)

For tax I don't think AMEX provides bill payment service the last time I check in 2013. Things may changed now

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.