Island line HKU station to Courtyard on Connaught Rd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

Would anyone know (and care to tell me) about the walk from HKU station to the Courtyard on Connaught Rd?

Looks like exit B1 of that station isn't too far, about a third of a mile or so. I'd be arriving at HKG around 20:30, so I'd imagine I'd arrive at HKU around 21:30.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Shortest, but with a little uphill. No steps:

SAI YING PUN MTR Exit B2, which is actually B1 + escalator to Second St. Go right (west) uphill and then downhill all the way to Water St. Turn right (down/north) to hotel.

No uphill at all, but with steps going down:

SAI YING PUN Exit B1, cross First St, go left about 50 steps, there is some steps to go down to Queen's Rd West. Cross the roadway - careful with traffic - and there is another flight of stairs to go down to Chung Ching St and to Des Voeux Rd West. Turn left (west) and all the way to Water St.

If you have heavy or big wheeled luggage, HKU station is easier. Buy it is not the shortest way, as it's long way just to get from trains to Exit B1. It's all flat and you will cross 3-4 streets at traffic light to get to Courtyard.

Having said all that, arriving from HKG, I wouldn't use the MTR. Either taxi direct, Airport Express-to-taxi, or to save money, A12 bus straight to hotel door.

Last edited by rkkwan; Jul 21, 2015 at 5:37 pm
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Having said all that, arriving from HKG, I wouldn't use the MTR. Either taxi direct, Airport Express-to-taxi, or to save money, A12 bus straight to hotel door.
+1 for the bus. That's one of the great things about the Courtyard.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by Kevin Adams
+1 for the bus. That's one of the great things about the Courtyard.
OK, A12 bus it is. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.