Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

How long will it take me to go through customs/get luggage Airport Express Train

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long will it take me to go through customs/get luggage Airport Express Train

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Hey guys, I am flying CX J to HKG. I land around 3pm, if I check luggage in, how much longer would you guys guess it will take me to get my luggage. How long does it usually take to go through customs and the like at HKG.

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
Assuming you land on time, you use the regular immigration channels, the queues at immigration aren't long and there are no hiccups on baggage being delivered to the belt you could be on the AEL before 4pm. However if the queues are long and there is a delay in baggage deliver it could be 5pm. Without checked bags and assuming the immigration queues aren't long then you could be at the AEL by 3.30pm ish.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I am trying to figure out whether I want to check in luggage or take carryon.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I've waited up to an hour in the immigration line at HKG. It all depends on time of day. Once past Immigration, it's a breeze. There is no Customs form or standard inspection or even passport check or any questions. You just walk through the Customs zone with your bags and there are several officers watching the crowd. If they don't pull you aside, there's nothing to do at all at Customs and therefore never a line at that point.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Steve M
I've waited up to an hour in the immigration line at HKG. It all depends on time of day. Once past Immigration, it's a breeze.
Right on the mark! The bottleneck is the immigration line, sometimes light, other times packed. Everything else is easy and quick.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Right on the mark! The bottleneck is the immigration line, sometimes light, other times packed. Everything else is easy and quick.
Even at peak hour, HK immigration usually open up more counters to exercise a faster process.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA gold CX Diamond KLM Platinum
Never took longer than 10 minutes at immigration.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:07 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Yesterday landed just before 6pm at a hard stand. I was in J so got the first bus to the terminal. I was in my room at the IC HK just after 7pm.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
HK is really good about keeping everything on-time, in order, low que's you'll be more than fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.