Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
Yes.

"You'll pay for it though".
You tried in vain to stay for free?
Old May 29, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
I wouldn't call $USD500/night cheap...

There are cheaper hotels in the area.

The IC is excellent, I enjoyed it, but as I said, not cheap hence my comment.

I think you need to do some research to understand Hong Kong a bit rather than just seeking ideas from here. I think FT Destinations fora are best used when you have an idea rather than getting people to throw ideas at you.

For instance, I don't think you've grasped how Hong Kong works geographically - it's not like a typical American city with a downtown/CBD area.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
I wouldn't call $USD500/night cheap...

There are cheaper hotels in the area.

The IC is excellent, I enjoyed it, but as I said, not cheap hence my comment.

I think you need to do some research to understand Hong Kong a bit rather than just seeking ideas from here. I think FT Destinations fora are best used when you have an idea rather than getting people to throw ideas at you.

For instance, I don't think you've grasped how Hong Kong works geographically - it's not like a typical American city with a downtown/CBD area.
+1. The vast majority of the questions posed in this thread (not including the "will I like a or b?" set) require a minimal amount of googling to gain a great deal of clarity.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Some thoughts on Airport Express or taxi

Group rate for 3 people for single journey on Airport Express (AE) costs $210 to Hong Kong Station and $190 to Kowloon Station. A taxi ride costs about $75 to $160 more (with no transfer needed). AE has free shuttle to some major hotels on HK Island and Kowloon. AE has in-town check-in (to drop off your checked luggage) for your return flight at the AE stations. Most Hong Kong taxis are sedans instead of mini-vans/SUVs. Keep that in mind related to truck space for your luggage.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:42 pm

We took a short family trip to HK and Macau in March this year. I put up many videos and pictures on my blog, which should be useful reference for you.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogsp...acau-2015.html

In Hong Kong, we stayed at the Eaton Hotel which had a very nice family room that could sleep the 4 of us. 380 Nathan Road

In Macau, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Macau Cotai Strip for one night.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:07 pm

Food

We usually don't like to splurge too much on food, instead looking for places that give us good value.

In Hong Kong, we found these places to be interesting.

Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum (one Michelin Star) - Some say this is the cheapest Michelin star restaurant in the world. If you like Dim Sum, this place is a must-try, at Fuk Wing street.

They have another outlet more centrally located.

Some people view the Hong Kong chain food stores with disdain, however, my family doesn't mind them at all. In fact, we find them to deliver consistent quality food at reasonable prices. May not be the best but good enough for us.

This is a chain food store called Tsui Wah.

Another chain is called Cafe de Coral.

Both of them have outlets at HKIA too.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:08 am

Chung King Mansions
Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
HKG is great, enjoy your first trip!! Weather in Jan/ Feb will be really good. I've only stayed at JW Marriott, highly recommend it, but really anything on HKG island is good and it's easy to get around. Definitely make time to go up the peak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.