Search

Ritz Ozone

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, SPG Gold, Le Club Plat
Ritz Ozone

It's been pretty established + recommended that one should visit the Ozone at Ritz for the view as oppose to paying for Sky100. But looking at the pictures...I'm a little confused how the seating layout are?

It looks mostly 'indoor' to me. Where are the windows/view? Or is that located in the 'outdoor' area?

Some mentioned that there's fee for tables. Is this where the 'view' are? Is it a flat fee? Or a minimum spent amount? All day or is this only for after 9pm?

Is reservation recommended? We're planning to go late afternoon. Or should I better off just visit Cafe 103 for an afternoon tea if we want the 'view'? Provided that it's a clear day of course.

Thanks everyone ^
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:18 am

It is mostly indoor, although there is a dedicated windowed "balcony" area that juts out from the main room. Once you sit and get your table, you could walk over and snap some pictures, or you can opt to drink out there.

Once you sit down, there's a minimum charge per person which amounts to about 1-1.5 drinks I believe. Not sure if it's only in the evening however, it might be. Reservations shouldnt be necessary.

IMO, ozone is very overrated. I had a much more enjoyable experience at cafe and Tosca, with an incredible view that wasn't obstructed by fog/clouds. Make sure you pick a clear day!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by PitaPan
It is mostly indoor, although there is a dedicated windowed "balcony" area that juts out from the main room.
To clarify, this area is outside, with an open roof. So, it's whatever temperature it is outside. Also, smoking is permitted there, since it's outside.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So asides from the 'outdoor' area, there's no 'view' inside/indoor right?

Once you sit down, there's a minimum charge per person which amounts to about 1-1.5 drinks I believe. Not sure if it's only in the evening however, it might be. Reservations shouldnt be necessary.
Sitting down ANYwhere? Or the tables specifically?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HongKongVisitor
So asides from the 'outdoor' area, there's no 'view' inside/indoor right?
Are you joking with us?
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:17 pm

Well no matter where you sit, you'll still have some view...you ARE way up top after all.

Drink minimum is in effect regardless of where you sit. Again, this may only apply to evenings.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
There are Windows in the "inside" bit. Mainly on the west side I think due to the internal layouts.

Table minimums apply at certain times (I vaguely remember this being about HK$1,000 a head - but that was just after they opened) but you can sit at the inside bar with no minimum.

The outside bar has no bar seats (or at least didn't when I was last there)

If you don't want to pay the minimum either sit at the bar, or just loiter and enjoy the views
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Are you joking with us?
Well no matter where you sit, you'll still have some view...you ARE way up top after all.
Not sure why you would thinking I'm joking, but with pictures such as these....it looks like there's a wall on each side. Hence why I started this thread.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/NR/rdonly...2_1280x900.jpg
or
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:23 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mdevans
Table minimums apply at certain times (I vaguely remember this being about HK$1,000 a head - but that was just after they opened) but you can sit at the inside bar with no minimum.

If you don't want to pay the minimum either sit at the bar, or just loiter and enjoy the views
Thanks. Thats what we are planning to do. Grab some drinks in the late afternoon / early evening and just enjoy the view. We are not planning to party into the late hours

Originally Posted by mdevans
There are Windows in the "inside" bit. Mainly on the west side I think due to the internal layouts.
The outside bar has no bar seats (or at least didn't when I was last there)
I'm guessing this is the "West" side? There seems to be a few stools.
http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5eb..._terrace-1.jpg

But does get quite crowded in the evening.
http://www.hiphongkong.com/sites/def...next_party.jpg
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:45 pm

It's worth knowing the outdoor bit is barely outdoor - the glass is about 20ft high all round with just a sliver of roof missing. The main difference is inside = cold, outside = hot, or the reverse in winter. Still, the views are unbeatable, especially from the counter bar that runs along the front window. Almost all the outdoor tables (they all have stools) are free during the day, and the views are FAR better in the daytime and at sundown than they are at night.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKongVisitor

I'm guessing this is the "West" side? There seems to be a few stools.
http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5eb..._terrace-1.jpg
That's actually the north side which is the open air part.

I think your second picture was taken during an event.

While it can get busy I've not seen it that crowded (in the few times I have been)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:21 pm

Yes you're right about the obstructed view seen from the photo you posted. Right when you walk in, the main bar area is directly in front, and to the left are some tables on the back wall that don't really get much of a look outside (due to the bar, and positioning way back). But if you go in the afternoon/early evening, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a table close to the edge windows.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks all. Hopefully the weather will be great next time I'm in town
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
I highly recommend this. On my last trip I went several times and really enjoyed it. Sit outside but if you are going during winter you will need bring a jacket.

There is a HKD$1,000 minimum charge for a table inside if you are not staying at the Ritz. However, with a little sweet talking I was able to get them to count my purchases outside towards that limit. Drinks are expensive so if you have a few people the $1,000 isn't much of a stretch.

Also a great view, even though not very high up, is the roof terrace at the IFC mall. They have table up there that look like they are part of the restaurants, but they are actually open to the public. You can grab a bottle of wine or some beer from the grocery store in IFC Mall and then go up to the roof to watch the sunset.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I'd recommend having Sunday brunch there instead (or Tosca), much more relaxed and much more stunning (maybe it's just me but it's way too up in the air to have a nice view at night time, but in the day it feels like you're on a plane )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.