Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Hong Kong and Macau
Reload this Page >

Looking for mobile-phone shop recommendation...

Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC

Hi,

I will coming to HKG this weekend and want to buy a cell-phone that is not sold in my home-country, a Samsung S5 Duos (G900FD model).

I have been given the advice by a friend to shop around at the Sin Tat Plaza mall and also compared prices for the phone in Hong Kong which seem very reasonable compared to the price if the regular (non-Duos) S5 in Germany. I even went ahead and contacted one random store from that list above via Facebook (which happens to be in the Sin Tat Mall) and confirmed pricing and availability, giving me a positive impression of that particular store.

The only question is: I will be somewhat time-constraint when looking for the phone, so I would probably just want to get there, buy the phone and get on with my schedule as fast as I can. So is there any particular shop you would suggest to buy this phone from - water goods version will do nicely as long as I get a receipt with IMEI on it. Also if you have a recommendation for a store, I'd appreciate an eMail/facebook address to contact the store in advance to see if they have the item I look for in stock!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...Hong_Kong.html

Even when buying from supposedly reputable chained stores, you often get open box/customer returns. I experienced it myself. They reset the timer but not the hidden timer that can't be reset on a phone I bought.

So good luck with Sin Tat (Sincere).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.