Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at HKG Premium Plaza Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Overnight at HKG Premium Plaza Lounge

Hello ,
We will arrive HKG on Delta at 9:30 PM , and leaving to Singapore on Scoot next morning at 7:30 AM .
I have the priority pass from BMO and thinking about staying overnight at the lounge . Do you know if there is limited time for the PP members ? do we have free access to the shower and the sleeping area or do we need to pay extra ? Can we go out and return to the lounge in 1 pass ? or can we visit more than 1 lounge in 1 pass ?
I think the PP members can only use the East & West hall lounges . Which lounge is better ? Do you know how late /early they provide the food ? or should we eat at the airport food court first before going to the lounge ? Can we bring our luggage to the lounge or should we drop them off to the paying baggage storage ?
Do we have to exit after the immigration and return back to the departure gate to access to the lounge ?
Thank You very much for all your help
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Go and ask them

[email protected]

http://www.plaza-network.com/locatio...ty=Hong%20Kong
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Check prioritypass.com. Details for each lounge can be found under the lounge finder function, without logging in.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by jmmay
Hello ,
We will arrive HKG on Delta at 9:30 PM , and leaving to Singapore on Scoot next morning at 7:30 AM .
I have the priority pass from BMO and thinking about staying overnight at the lounge . Do you know if there is limited time for the PP members ? do we have free access to the shower and the sleeping area or do we need to pay extra ? Can we go out and return to the lounge in 1 pass ? or can we visit more than 1 lounge in 1 pass ?
I think the PP members can only use the East & West hall lounges . Which lounge is better ? Do you know how late /early they provide the food ? or should we eat at the airport food court first before going to the lounge ? Can we bring our luggage to the lounge or should we drop them off to the paying baggage storage ?
Do we have to exit after the immigration and return back to the departure gate to access to the lounge ?
Thank You very much for all your help
I was there in 2012, I was limited to 5 hours. It is heavily enforced. They would come up and check everyone, every couple of hours. You could sneak off into the bathroom for maybe 30 minutes if this is an issue.

They do provide some drinks and snacks. I know they serve noodles quite early. I wouldn't consider it to be a meal or anything. You can shower for free. I think the sleeping rooms you would need to pay (not 100% certain)

I can't really answer the rest of your questions.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DL172
I was there in 2012, I was limited to 5 hours. It is heavily enforced. They would come up and check everyone, every couple of hours. You could sneak off into the bathroom for maybe 30 minutes if this is an issue.

They do provide some drinks and snacks. I know they serve noodles quite early. I wouldn't consider it to be a meal or anything. You can shower for free. I think the sleeping rooms you would need to pay (not 100% certain)

I can't really answer the rest of your questions.

Thank you very much. Yes , I called them , and it is 5 hours limited
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:19 pm
Original Poster

I have another question
we will arrive on Delta at 9:30 PM ; and the next flight is to Singapore on next morning at 7:00 AM on Scoot .
Scoot does not have on line check in - I can not have the boarding pass until 5 or 6:00 AM next morning .
Would I be able to go the departure lounge in the evening and spend overnight there ?
Do i have to collect all the luggage , go through immigration , exit and able to enter back to the departure area in the same evening ?

Or do I need to wait in the arrival area until the morning, check in at Scoot before enter the departure area .
The priority pass is not free on arrival lounge .

Can I just stay in the "air side" without check out the immigration until in the morning ?

Thank You very much
Old Oct 25, 2014, 3:54 am

I have another question
we will arrive on Delta at 9:30 PM ; and the next flight is to Singapore on next morning at 7:00 AM on Scoot .
Scoot does not have on line check in - I can not have the boarding pass until 5 or 6:00 AM next morning .
Would I be able to go the departure lounge in the evening and spend overnight there ?
Do i have to collect all the luggage , go through immigration , exit and able to enter back to the departure area in the same evening ?

Or do I need to wait in the arrival area until the morning, check in at Scoot before enter the departure area .
The priority pass is not free on arrival lounge .

Can I just stay in the "air side" without check out the immigration until in the morning ?

Thank You very much
http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...-journeys.html
No US airlines interline with Scoot budget airline
So you will have to go and collect your bags checked to HKG, after immigration and checkin again the next morning at Terminal 1 area E
Old Oct 25, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marco Polo
http://www.flyscoot.com/index.php/en...-journeys.html
No US airlines interline with Scoot budget airline
So you will have to go and collect your bags checked to HKG, after immigration and checkin again the next morning at Terminal 1 area E
Thank You very much . I was hoping there is someway I can check back in right away so we can spend the overnight in the lounge with my Priority pass
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Better off getting a room to stay in, at the airport or in city (especially if there is a "we" involved, instead of a "me"- it means you'll pay for two lounge entries + room, which means a room makes a lot more sense).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:17 am

I spoke with a friend who works for HKG airport authority
Initially they installed lounge chairs in the east hall, deemed to be a mistake as whole families started to spend nights there in the comfort and aircon, he said
You would have to be back at the airport by 0500 for Scoot checkin so your only sensible choice is to take a room at the adjoining airport hotel walking distance from Hall A, rather than trying to get back to the airport from town before the trains start
Old Nov 1, 2014, 6:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
As a Priority Pass member, there is a limit but if you go in the back, don't disturb anyone and keep to yourself, you can stay overnight.

I slept like a student crouched on table before my flight to Singapore and I didn't get an issue. Granted, you can rent a resting area with a bed but it was full.

You'll have to leave immigration and go through it again in the morning but it's not that bad.

Yes, you'll have access to their awesome showers.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank You very much for you help ; hi Flipstah, you mean the arrival lounge ? in the website , The priority pass member can only access the departure lounge for free . Should we (husband & wife) ask if they can allow us if there is not crowded ? The transit hotel is over $200 /night . Scoot opens their check in counter 3 hours before flying time , at 4:30 AM , I don't know if it is worth it to check in the hotel ; hope we can find somewhere to sleep for couple of hours , go to the check in at 4:30 AM then go to the lounge for quick shower & rest before 7:30 AM flight -
Do you know if the East Hall or West hall lounge is better ?
Thanks again
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:13 pm

Thank You very much for you help ; hi Flipstah, you mean the arrival lounge ? in the website , The priority pass member can only access the departure lounge for free . Should we (husband & wife) ask if they can allow us if there is not crowded ? The transit hotel is over $200 /night . Scoot opens their check in counter 3 hours before flying time , at 4:30 AM , I don't know if it is worth it to check in the hotel ; hope we can find somewhere to sleep for couple of hours , go to the check in at 4:30 AM then go to the lounge for quick shower & rest before 7:30 AM flight -
Do you know if the East Hall or West hall lounge is better ?
Thanks again
I'm seriously trying to remember for you, but I was sleep deprived that night. I think I have a photo somewhere and I can upload it tonight to see if any FT'ers can pinpoint the location.

Honestly, I wouldn't ask and just stay quiet in the back. Furthest away from reception and not within their line of sight. If you get kicked out, politely accept your fate and sleep outside.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flipstah
I'm seriously trying to remember for you, but I was sleep deprived that night. I think I have a photo somewhere and I can upload it tonight to see if any FT'ers can pinpoint the location.

Honestly, I wouldn't ask and just stay quiet in the back. Furthest away from reception and not within their line of sight. If you get kicked out, politely accept your fate and sleep outside.
But how do you get in the lounge without paying? Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:41 pm

The Priority Pass lets you in for free + guest or spouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.