Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Shenzhen Bay --> Starbucks --> MTR?

Hi, all.

-I'm in Shekou
-I have an 11a Skype call today that has been pushed to noon
-I need to be in Wanchai by 230p

I'm considering crossing the border at Shenzhen Bay checkpoint, and trying to find a coffee shop reasonably close by that is on the MTR. (I realize that I technically have time to make it all the way to Sheungwan, but I have a poor track record finding space at coffee shops there.)

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by moondog
Hi, all.

-I'm in Shekou
-I have an 11a Skype call today that has been pushed to noon
-I need to be in Wanchai by 230p

I'm considering crossing the border at Shenzhen Bay checkpoint, and trying to find a coffee shop reasonably close by that is on the MTR. (I realize that I technically have time to make it all the way to Sheungwan, but I have a poor track record finding space at coffee shops there.)

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Cross the border --> Take Taxi to Tsing Yi MTR Station then there's a Starbucks in the shopping mall, cost you around $200 but more peace of mind.

Alternatively, go Tuen Mun but you know how noisy those shopping mall is
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Cross the border --> Take Taxi to Tsing Yi MTR Station then there's a Starbucks in the shopping mall, cost you around $200 but more peace of mind.

Alternatively, go Tuen Mun but you know how noisy those shopping mall is
Many thanks for the speedy reply. I decided to simply push my meeting in Wanch back an hour. I've never actually stopped in Tuen Mun, though I do know a guy who lives there and he tells me that it's not such a bad place. (He also told me that taking the MTR from there into town takes forever.)
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Sun Yuen Long Centre has a fairly new Starbucks, which is adjacent to Yuen Long West Rail. You can take B2 (or taxi, apparently) from Shenzhen Bay to Sun Yuen Long Centre.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
previously numerous Mainlanders requested I meet them at McDonalds under Tai Wo station as the fastest and most convenient after the border crossing (9 minutes)
Lo Wu-Sheung Shui-Fanling-Tai Wo
there is also a Chinese open plan restaurant next to Fortress in the Tai Wo station complex next to Northbound platform exit
http://www.mtr.com.hk/archive/en/ser...ayouts/two.pdf
There are wifi hotspots in all MTR stations
McDonalds offers 20 minutes free wifi
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/uk/p...ions/wi-fi.jsp

Last edited by Marco Polo; Oct 8, 2014 at 3:26 am
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Great info, guys!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Of course, the opportunity to help has already passed. But for next time there are several Starbucks that are in SZ, very close to MTR stations. Chegongmiao comes to mind off the top of my head.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
Of course, the opportunity to help has already passed. But for next time there are several Starbucks that are in SZ, very close to MTR stations. Chegongmiao comes to mind off the top of my head.
Thanks, but my internet bandwidth in SZ blows the doors off of any PRC Starbucks. The main consideration in my planning this morning was to get across the border ASAP so I could nail down logistics for the rest of the day. Border wait time is one of the few aspects of the drill that is difficult for me to predict with certainty (not an issue when taking the ferry, but I was aiming to head out during a void in the ferry schedule).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.